Events and Festivals in Hong Kong
Hong Kong has festivals for every season. The Chinese New Year, The Buddha’s Birthday, The Moon Festival, the Hungry Ghost Festival, Halloween and Christmas all reveal the different personalities of the city. You only have to choose your seasonal flavour, and go.
- Chung Yeung Festival: Held in October.
- Hong Kong Chinese New Year: Shock Red Lanterns and you would know the New Year is here and for the next 15 days. This 15 days of celebration starts from taking blessings at the temple to some family time and in between its time to enjoy the delicious food, a stroll in the flower market or dress up and be a part of the glamorous night parade! The first 3 days local business is shut, though the touristy places are all open. Put this on a must see attraction list and you would never regret.
- Spring Lantern Festival: The last day of the New Year and is also known as “Chinese Valentine’s Day”. A time for couples to enjoy the festivities together and a time for the singles to indulge in some matchmaking. City is filled with various kinds of beautiful lanterns, and is a sight that is captured best by the eyes, than a camera.
- Cultural celebrations in Spring: Each year in Spring, Hong Kong celebrates its past and the culture with the festivals – Birthday of Tin Hau, Buddha and Tam Kung along with the Cheung Chau Bun Festival. If traditional art and culture interests you, then this festival should be etched in your must do list.
- Hong Kong Dragon Boat Carnival: A traditional event that has evolved over the years and now manages to attract the crowd from all over the world. Another crowd puller and pleaser is the Sam Miguel Beer Fest. Sponsored by Sam Miguel, it has live performances and of course lots of beer.
- Hong Kong Salsa Festival: A weeklong celebration of the dance form Salsa. There are workshops, road shows, and World Championship events as well. Be a part of it through workshops if you are learning, or exhibit the dancer in you at the performances.
- Hong Kong Wine & Dine Festival: If you like wine and are a foodie, then be sure to be present in the Asia’s world city during the Wine & Dine festival. It is a month long celebration with the best of wines and gourmet food. This is one time where you won’t mind being busy while on the vacation. There is plenty to do from carnivals and events to master chef classes and the tours and seminars.
- Hong Kong Winter Fest: With the excitement of Christmas and New Year, Hong Kong is a delight to be in during this time. Try spending New Year in Hong Kong for a change and be a part of various festivities, yummy food and the celebrations.
Trip plans for Hong Kong
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Hong Kong
Hong Kong Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Hong Kong
Save 10%Hong Kong Island Half-Day Tour973 Reviews
Duration: 5 Hrs
Whether this is your first visit to Hong Kong or youre returning to refresh old memories, this comprehensive orientation is a...
Hong Kong Disneyland Admission E-Ticket17 Reviews
Meet your favorite Disney characters, watch live shows and parades, and shop and dine at all themed areas of the Hong Kong Di...Book Now
Hong Kong and Macau Attractions Pass50 Reviews
Duration: 5 Days
Visit Hong Kong and Macau's leading attractions with this sightseeing pass that provides admission to 14 of the islands most ...Book Now
6-Day Hong Kong, Guangzhou and Macau Tour1 Reviews
Duration: 6 Days
See Hong Kong, Guangzhou and Macau on a 6-day tour with 4-star hotel accommodation, breakfasts and single entry visa into Chi...Book Now