Events and Festivals in Hong Kong
Events and Festivals in Hong Kong
Hong Kong has festivals for every season. The Chinese New Year, The Buddha’s Birthday, The Moon Festival, the Hungry Ghost Festival, Halloween and Christmas all reveal the different personalities of the city. You only have to choose your seasonal flavour, and go.
- Chung Yeung Festival: Held in October.
- Hong Kong Chinese New Year: Shock Red Lanterns and you would know the New Year is here and for the next 15 days. This 15 days of celebration starts from taking blessings at the temple to some family time and in between its time to enjoy the delicious food, a stroll in the flower market or dress up and be a part of the glamorous night parade! The first 3 days local business is shut, though the touristy places are all open. Put this on a must see attraction list and you would never regret.
- Spring Lantern Festival: The last day of the New Year and is also known as “Chinese Valentine’s Day”. A time for couples to enjoy the festivities together and a time for the singles to indulge in some matchmaking. City is filled with various kinds of beautiful lanterns, and is a sight that is captured best by the eyes, than a camera.
- Cultural celebrations in Spring: Each year in Spring, Hong Kong celebrates its past and the culture with the festivals – Birthday of Tin Hau, Buddha and Tam Kung along with the Cheung Chau Bun Festival. If traditional art and culture interests you, then this festival should be etched in your must do list.
- Hong Kong Dragon Boat Carnival: A traditional event that has evolved over the years and now manages to attract the crowd from all over the world. Another crowd puller and pleaser is the Sam Miguel Beer Fest. Sponsored by Sam Miguel, it has live performances and of course lots of beer.
- Hong Kong Salsa Festival: A weeklong celebration of the dance form Salsa. There are workshops, road shows, and World Championship events as well. Be a part of it through workshops if you are learning, or exhibit the dancer in you at the performances.
- Hong Kong Wine & Dine Festival: If you like wine and are a foodie, then be sure to be present in the Asia’s world city during the Wine & Dine festival. It is a month long celebration with the best of wines and gourmet food. This is one time where you won’t mind being busy while on the vacation. There is plenty to do from carnivals and events to master chef classes and the tours and seminars.
- Hong Kong Winter Fest: With the excitement of Christmas and New Year, Hong Kong is a delight to be in during this time. Try spending New Year in Hong Kong for a change and be a part of various festivities, yummy food and the celebrations.
Trip plans for Hong Kong
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of
Hong Kong Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Hong Kong
1960 Reviews Duration: 5 Hrs
Whether this is your first visit to Hong Kong or youre returning to refresh old memories, this comprehensive orientation is a...
USD 40.23Book Now
16 Reviews Duration: Flexible
Meet your favorite Disney characters, watch live shows and parades, and shop and dine at all themed areas of the Hong Kong Di...
Duration: 5 Hrs
Arguably one of the best climbs around Hong Kong, this tour will take you to the highest peak, Ma On Shan, in the region. Asc...
USD 112.03Book Now
Duration: 4 Hrs
Climb into another world of Tai Mo Shan Waterfall’s beauty and see what nature holds in store for you. Explore the hidd...
USD 96.01Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Cities Near Hong Kong
- Events & Festivals in Central And Western District
- Events & Festivals in Hong Kong Station
- Events & Festivals in Tsing Yi Town Clinic
- Events & Festivals in Salisbury Road
- Events & Festivals in Eastern District
- Events & Festivals in Cha Kwo Ling Road
- Events & Festivals in Fa Yuen Street Market
- Events & Festivals in Ma On Shan Tsuen Road
- Events & Festivals in Sai Wan Ho
- Events & Festivals in Chai Wan
- Events & Festivals in Sai Kung
- Events & Festivals in Tuen Mun
- Events & Festivals in Cities around the world
- Events & Festivals in Corinth
- Events & Festivals in Carrollton
- Events & Festivals in Cairo
- Events & Festivals in Ongur
- Events & Festivals in Oachira
- Events & Festivals in Cahersiveen
- Events & Festivals in Gunduperumbedu
- Events & Festivals in Waltham
- Events & Festivals in Tahlequah
- Events & Festivals in Red Deer