How to Reach Hong Kong - The Easiest Way to Reach Hong Kong
HOW TO GET TO HONG KONG
- By Air: Hong Kong International Airport is the primary airport where all the international national flights to Hong Kong lands. Direct flights to and from Europe and North America are available at least once in a day. Frequent flight does run to and from Asia and Oceania. Another important airport of Hong Kong is Shenzhen Airport that has flights to and from mainland China. Macau International Airport serves flight between Macau and Hong Kong.
- By helicopter: helicopter service is available between Macau and Hong Kong island.
- By ferry: Hong Kong has regular ferry to and from Macau and mainland China.
- By cruise ship: Cruise ships from Hong Kong are available to reach mainland China, Taiwan and Vietnam.
HOW TO GET AROUND HONG KONG
Getting around is as easy as getting to Hong Kong. Public transportation system is very efficient and comfortable, and definitely a faster way to get to the destination of your choice.
- By Mass Transit Railway System: One of the efficient, safe and fast way to travel around Hong Kong – connecting north to south and east to west. It is accessible by the physically challenged, and if you would require any further assistance, the MTR staff will help you out.
- By Light Rail: It provides arrangements to travel in the North western part mostly. All the stations are accessible by the physically challenged.
- By Bus: Bus service is pervasive in the City. There are buses that travel in the main city, and the ones that connect the passengers to the Airport. Major operators are – Kowloon Motor Bus Company, Citybus Limited, Long Win Bus Company Limited, New World First Bus Services Limited, and New Lantao Bus Company Limited. Accessible by the physically challenged.
- By Public Light Bus: A minibus that operated mainly in the areas where the standard buses can’t reach. It can take a maximum of 16 passengers, and is not accessible by wheelchair passengers.
- By Tram: Operating in the northern part, this efficient mode of transport is not accessible by all physically challenged passengers except the wheelchair users.
- By Ferries: Ferries connect the Central to various locations, and are accessible by the physically challenged.
- By bicycle: Bicycles are allowed for travelling, only if it can be folded.
- On foot: Downtown Hong Kong is a very small area. Hence, it can be explored on foot.
Are you looking for a Hong Kong travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Hong Kong
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Hong Kong. The most preferred mode of transport in Hong Kong is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 16.18 km Average time: 41.71 min
Train/Metro 32.58%Train 31.72 min Walking 8.59 min Bus 3 min Waiting 2.93 min Overall average time for 19.35 kms 46.24 min
Walking 20.22%Walking 17.17 min Train 7.33 min Bus 3.22 min Waiting 2.83 min Tram 0.17 min Other 0.17 min Overall average time for 5.21 kms 30.89 min
Tram/Streetcar 3.37%Tram 23.67 min Train 6.33 min Walking 4.67 min Waiting 3 min Bus 2.33 min Overall average time for 20 kms 40 min
Bus/Trolleybus 26.97%Bus 34.08 min Waiting 6.96 min Walking 4.75 min Train 1.5 min Other 1.13 min Overall average time for 19.25 kms 48.42 min
Car 12.36%Driving 27 min Walking 3.27 min Train 3.18 min Waiting 0.18 min Overall average time for 18.59 kms 33.64 min
Motorbike 1.12%Motorbike 15 min Overall average time for 6.3 kms 15 min
How to Reach Hong Kong from Nearby Cities
|Sham shui po to Hong Kong||1.1 km||1 mins|
|Bank of china (hong kong) central district (wing on house) branch to Hong Kong||2.24 km||2 mins|
|Central district police service centre to Hong Kong||2.42 km||2 mins|
|Kowloon city to Hong Kong||2.51 km||2 mins|
|Central district health centre to Hong Kong||2.53 km||2 mins|
|Tai po to Hong Kong||5.54 km||5 mins|
|Tsuen wan to Hong Kong||6.66 km||6 mins|
|Shenzhen to Hong Kong||16 km||16 mins|