Jade StreetCurrently Closed
- Address: Yau Ma Tei, Hong Kong
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Walking Area, Flea Market, Street Market, Family And Kids
It’s believed that jade brings good luck and can ward off bad and evil spirits. The stone holds a considerable sway on oriental minds and thus, its only natural that there’s a market dedicated to it. rich, exotic, shiny; the Jade Street is famous!
Jade bracelets, jade rings, jade pendants, jade statues and jade ornaments; there’s no end to the things. There’s also no end to the number of stalls that’ll try and pass off fake jade for the real stuff to unwary tourists, so keep the following in mind: top quality jade is pure green, semi-transparent and very expensive. Most pieces have a yellow tinge but no brown or grey should be in the finished piece. Looking for top-notch jade? Go to a licensed shop to be safe.
- Unless you have advanced or professional knowledge of jade and gemstones, it is not recommended to buy any expensive pieces at the market.
- There is a 2nd entrance on the backside of Battery Street.
- Most of the stores accepted cash only.
- Yau Ma Tei Station
- Hon : Fried Rice
- Union Bar & Grille : Ice-cream and Dessert
- Wooloomooloo Steakhouse : Steak
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hong Kong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hong Kong and book an accommodation of your choice.
13.13% of people who visit Hong Kong include Jade Street in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
64.71% of people start their Jade Street visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Jade Street
83.33% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jade Street