Lamma IslandCurrently Open
- Address: Lamma Island, Islands Distict, Hong Kong, China
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: 16 HKD
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Island, Walking Area, Pier, Restaurant, Family And Kids, Rides
With no cars, fewer people, old-fashioned buildings, excellent walks and pretty decent beaches, Lamma Island offers welcome respite from Hong Kong’s bustle.
The island is well known for its seafood restaurant, which is popular with locals, visitors and corporate guests of some of Hong Kong’s leading business.
Reaching the place would not be difficult. In just a 20 minutes ferry ride from Hong Kong Island’s central pier 4 visitors can escape the hustle and bustle and be in totally different world. This is one of the must visit places in Hong Kong.
- There are no cars on the island.
- There are always extra ferries on all routes on Sundays and Public Holidays .
- Ferries run every ninety minutes for a total of 10 ferries a day.
- There are restaurants nearby.
- Photography is permitted.
- All age groups can enjoy.
- Yung Shue Wan : Take ferries from the following stations to reach Lamma
- Aberdeen (Hong Kong Island) : Yung Shue Wan (Lamma)
- Central (Hong Kong Island) : SokKwu Wan (Lamma)
- Kee Club : Fried Rice
- Sala Thai : Sushi
- Appolo : Ice-cream
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hong Kong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hong Kong and book an accommodation of your choice.
14.83% of people who visit Hong Kong include Lamma Island in their plan
71.43% of people start their Lamma Island visit around 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Lamma Island
50% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lamma Island
People normally also visit Ocean Park while planning their trip to Lamma Island.
People want to keep their culture, and persevere this century old vellige. They like to live their lives simple, quiet country life. No stress world. Eventually the children grow up and want to live in Hong Kong city life.
It was okay and the weather was nice and plus it has good food and has a very well preserved culture. In there we got to see some old artefacts the ancients use and we even saw a boat the Chinese would use in the olden days. However I would suggest taking lots of water and food to bring along just in case as I the trip my feet was burning from the exhaustion of walking for a very long time.
Great place for cycling, you should reach there by morning to completely explore the place all by yourself. Great place and great food.
It is the most important island in HK & plan to live there while I retire 2028.
Peaceful & dog-friendly. Suitable for natural lovers. The ferry ride is about 20 mins