Lamma IslandCurrently Open
- Address: Lamma Island, Islands Distict, Hong Kong, China
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: 16 HKD
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Island, Walking Area, Pier, Restaurant, Family And Kids, Rides
Lamma Island - Review
With no cars, fewer people, old-fashioned buildings, excellent walks and pretty decent beaches, Lamma Island offers welcome respite from Hong Kong’s bustle.
The island is well known for its seafood restaurant, which is popular with locals, visitors and corporate guests of some of Hong Kong’s leading business.
Reaching the place would not be difficult. In just a 20 minutes ferry ride from Hong Kong Island’s central pier 4 visitors can escape the hustle and bustle and be in totally different world. This is one of the must visit places in Hong Kong.
Lamma Island Information
- There are no cars on the island.
- There are always extra ferries on all routes on Sundays and Public Holidays .
- Ferries run every ninety minutes for a total of 10 ferries a day.
- There are restaurants nearby.
- Photography is permitted.
- All age groups can enjoy.
How To reach Lamma Island by Public Transport
- Yung Shue Wan : Take ferries from the following stations to reach Lamma
- Aberdeen (Hong Kong Island) : Yung Shue Wan (Lamma)
- Central (Hong Kong Island) : SokKwu Wan (Lamma)
Restaurants Near Lamma Island
- Kee Club : Fried Rice
- Sala Thai : Sushi
- Appolo : Ice-cream
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hong Kong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hong Kong and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Lamma Island
28.5% of people who visit Hong Kong include Lamma Island in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
38.48% of people start their Lamma Island visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Lamma Island
50.83% of people prefer walking in order to reach Lamma Island
Lamma Island Map
Lamma Island Trips
Lamma Island, Hong Kong Reviews
Great for a day-trip. Take proper shoes and swimsuit. And sunscreen! We got burnt there in an hour :)
Beautiful island. No vehicles which makes it perfect for hiking. Very green with a few nice beaches. Perfect getaway for the day. Easily reached by ferry from Central or Aberdeen
Great island for hiking and eating local food. You can reach it by ferry from central in ~20 mins. However, I disliked the really dirty beaches. People make an effort to clean them but most of the garbage is brought in my the sea. I don't recommend swimming unless u love the feeling of goo and plastics all over your body
if you love the fish and seafood don’t miss it
From Aberdeen or Central, easy to get to, interesting and well defined trails for hiking and trekking, and nice little beach and fishing villages makes it for a great day outdoors.
All QuestionsLamma island
- Museo Parrocchiale Di San Grato
- Sala Giochi Del Corso Di Farina Caterina
- Santuario S. Domenico
- Pirotecnica Peter Pan Dicalvetta Fioravante
- Biblioteca Calabrese Centro Culturale Folklore
- Biblioteca Calabrese Istituto
- Parrocchia San Martino Vescovo
- Sergio Giuseppe
- Vallesella Di Cadore
- Camping International Di Cologna
- Da Vià Federico
- Ptp Rifugio Bajon - Rifugio Cai Permanente
- Parrocchia SS Quirico E Giulitta