Po Lin MonasteryCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Lantau Island, Hong Kong, China
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +852-29855248
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Monastery
Lantau Island is famous because of the Big Buddha (TianTau) that is located here. Right opposite to the Big Buddha lies a beautiful Buddhist monastery named Po Lin Monastery. Tucked amidst the lush greenery of the mountain, this monastery deserves a visit. Located right opposite to the Big Buddha, this monastery is considered as one of the most important sanctums for Buddhists. Step inside the monastery to see brilliant Buddhist iconography on its walls. Added to this, the beautiful garden surrounding the monastery also deserves special attention.
- Free entry
- The monastery is open throughout the week.
- MTR Tung Chung Station Exit B: Take Ngong Ping Cable Car or New Lantao Bus 23
- By ferry: From Central Pier 6 to Mui Wo, then bus 2 to Ngong Ping Village.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hong Kong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hong Kong and book an accommodation of your choice.
14.14% of people who visit Hong Kong include Po Lin Monastery in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
38.46% of people start their Po Lin Monastery visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Po Lin Monastery
75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Po Lin Monastery