Repulse BayCurrently Open
- Address: South of Taiping Mountain, South District, Hong Kong, China
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Water Body, Family And Kids
The oddly named (at first instance) Repulse Bay is actually quite a romantic spot which was artificially expanded so that more people at a time could enjoy the place. Crescent shaped and clean, it’s a wonderful spot for morning strolls, afternoon bathing, and evening lingering with a special one. Which is why people are usually shocked to find out that this scenic gem was a pirate base who were repulsed by the British in a pretty awesome battle. It also served as an important strategic point during WWII. Today however, it’s one of the most expensive housing areas in the world – thanks to the lovely beach of course.
- The bay is outfitted for safety with shark prevention nets.
- There is a shopping plaza and restaurant nearby.
- During the summer, lifeguards are on duty.
- Bus drivers doesn’t give you changes, you’d better prepare some.
Bus 6, 6A, 6X, 66 or 260 from Exchange Square bus terminus (near MTR Hong Kong Station, Exit D) and alight at Repulse Bay Beach.
- Hin Ho Curry : Seafood
- Kraze : Burger
- Tai Woo Restaurant : Chinese food
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hong Kong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hong Kong and book an accommodation of your choice.
6.33% of people who visit Hong Kong include Repulse Bay in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
53.02% of people start their Repulse Bay visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Repulse Bay
93.51% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Repulse Bay