Star Ferry13000 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Timings: 07:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 3 HKD
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Boating, Harbour
If you are in Hong Kong, a trip on the Star Ferry isn’t to be missed. This iconic transport, founded by the Indian Parsee opium businessman Dorabjee Naraojee Mithaiwala, has been ferrying people for over a hundred years between Hong Kong Island and the Kowloon Peninsula and carries over 20 million passengers a year. The Star Ferry is a favorite among the local people because it is affordable, convenient and quick. Ferries run very frequently, and it takes only about 10 minutes to travel across the harbor. In the evening, enjoy the gentle breeze from the sea and the world-famous sights of Victoria Harbor, with a cup of coffee.
Better yet catch the ferry at 8:00 pm, when it will pause in the middle of its short journey to let you shutter off at the nightly symphony of lights show.
Star Ferry Travel Tips
- Try and catch a sailing just before 8:00 pm.
- Senior citizens should carry an identity proof.
- Try to avoid the ferry during rush hours.
Entrance Ticket Details For Star Ferry
- On Weekdays: Children HK$ 1.50, Adult HK$ 2.50
- On Weekends: Children HK$ 1.80, Adult HK$ 3
- Free entry for seniors above 65.
How to Reach Star Ferry
- Tin Sha Tsui Station
- The Verandah : Continental food
- Appolo : Ice-cream, Yogurt
- Mark One : Italian food
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hong Kong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hong Kong and book an accommodation of your choice.
91.59% of people who visit Hong Kong include Star Ferry in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
44.63% of people start their Star Ferry visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Star Ferry
93.38% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Star Ferry