Tai OCurrently Open
- Address: Tai O, Lantau Island, Outlying Islands, Hong Kong, Hong Kong Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Village, Boating
Located on the northwestern coast of Lantau Island, this small fishing village is quite famous among visitors and locals for its seafood. This village used to be the fishing port of Hong Kong. It was also the homeland for Tanka people, a fishing community. The unique fact about this community is their houses that are built on stilts above the tidal flats of the island. At present, this picturesque village has turned into a favorite spot for locals to spend weekend afternoons. It also offers excellent photo-op possibilities.
Make sure you take a boat ride when you come to this village to see the lovely scenery from the coast or walk up to the mountain to watch White Chinese Dolphins swim in the sea.
Entrance Ticket Details For Tai O
- Entry is free.
Tai O Hours
- You can visit the village any time of the day.
How to Reach Tai O
- MTR Tung Chung station: take bus no. 11 to reach the village.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hong Kong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hong Kong and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Tai O Address: Tai O, Lantau Island, Outlying Islands, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Tai O Timing: 24-hrs
- Time required to visit Tai O: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
9.88% of people who visit Hong Kong include Tai O in their plan
30% of people start their Tai O visit around 5 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Tai O
70% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tai O
People normally club together Wisdom Path and Po Lin Monastery while planning their visit to Tai O.