Are you looking for what to do in Hong Kong?
THINGS TO DO IN HONGKONG
- Victoria Harbour! Whether it’s from the Peak, or the Star Ferry or the Sky 100, or from one of the many promenades along its side, the views of Victoria harbour are incomparable. The harbour shines bright at dusk, when the buildings light up, the mountains are silhouetted and the vibrant Symphony of Lights splashes its colours across the high rises.
- Peak Tram! For almost one and a half centuries, this iconic tram has carried people to the Peak from the Central district and back. Steep and quick, it offers giddy views of Hong Kong’s natural wonders
- Mongkok! This shopper’s paradise holds the distinction of being the world’s busiest district, at least according to the Guinness World Records. Its streets are some of the most colourful on the planet, and some, like the Ladies Street, and the Flower Market, have become tourist destinations of their own.
- Kowloon Walled City! For over a hundred years, a slum had occupied this site of a Japanese fort. A long and arduous eviction effort by the government finally allowed a beautiful park to be laid in its place.
- Repulse Bay! Once the refuge of pirates, the Bay gets its unusual name from the expulsion of the criminals of the bay by the British fleet. Today this artificially extended beach is highly popular among lovers and those seeking peace from the City's hustle-bustle.
- Hong Kong Disneyland - Take a tour with your kid into a fantasy world where you can meet animated characters like Mickey Mouse, Duckling Duck and so on.
- Victoria Peak - For all the bird lovers out there, Victoria Peak is a must visit site where you can see some rare species of birds. Don't forget to bring you camera while visiting this place.
- Tian Tan Buddha - See the biggest outdoor Buddha in Hong Kong, located at Lantau Island.
- Ngong Ping Cable Car - If you are travelling to Lantau Island, Ngong Ping Cable Car is the best way to enjoy the aerial view of Hong Kong island.
- Man Mo Temple - Visit this unique temple of Hong Kong, where they pay tribute to the God of Literature (Man) and the God of War (Mo).
- Po Lin Monastery - Right opposite to Tian Tan Buddha, this beautiful monastery is located. For Buddhists, this monastery is said to be the most important sanctrum.
- Hong Kong Wetland Park - Interested in learning about flora and faun? If yes, visit this world class garden located on the northern side of Tin Shui Wai in Yuen Long.
- Lamma Island - A perfect weekend getaway to escape from the bustling city life in Hong Kong. Make sure you try the seafood from one of the restaurants located on this island.
- Cheung Chau
- Bank of China Tower
- Kowloon Walled City
- Flagstaff House
- Hong Kong Zoological and Botanical Gardens
- Victoria Park, Hong Kong
- Ten Thousand Buddhas Monastery
- Dr Sun Yat-sen Museum
- Statue Square
Below we have a list of things to do in Hong Kong and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Hong Kong getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Hong Kong with confidence.