Tian Tan Buddha, Hong Kong
Tian Tan Buddha, Hong Kong - Address, Phone Number
Address: Ngong Ping Road, Hong Kong
Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
Added 55.9K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Walking Area, Statue, Family And Kids, Cable Car
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Tian Tan Buddha, Hong Kong
This relatively young giant idol of Lord Gautama is the biggest outdoor Buddha, and possibly the only computerized one (the bell inside the Buddha is struck electronically, 108 times a day). From there, it’s really a photographers delight, considering the high look over the surrounding countryside. Or one can head into the podium, which actually is a three storied gallery–cum–museum (there’s an entry fee for this). There are several approaches to the Buddha that make for a nice walk, including a two and a half kilometers footpath leading to the Lantau Tea Garden (which itself isn’t all that attractive), or the Ngong Ping Trail . Make sure to take the cable car on the way down.
Get your travel plan automatically sorted around Tian Tan Buddha using Hong Kong trip planner.
Tian Tan Buddha Information
- For more fun, visit the place on the Buddha’s Birthday.
- Don’t miss out the museum at the top.
- Kids will love this place.
- Don’t forget to see the nearby monastery.
- You pay the exact fare in public transport.
- There will be a long queue.
- You can avoid the queue if you take the No. 23 bus (ask around).
- Do not bring any meat or alcohol to the area.
- Dress moderately.
Tian Tan Buddha Opening and Closing Hours
- Avoid visiting on Sundays or public holidays.
How To reach Tian Tan Buddha by Public Transport
- MTR Tung Chung station22.25394
Restaurants Near Tian Tan Buddha
- Cafe De Coral : American food
- Yuen Kee Dessert : sponge cake, black sesame soup
- Wagyu : Japanese food
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hong Kong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hong Kong and book an accommodation of your choice.