About Chinatown, Honolulu
Chinatown, Honolulu - Address
Address: Chinatown, Honolulu, HI 96817, USA
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Added 3.9K times in trip plans
Market, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
With the arrival of Chinese in 1778, the Chinatowns started as small communities that were defamed owing to the brothels, gambling places and drugs- that were a common trend during the beginning of World War II.
Post the world war, the places got a facelift with a vibrant nightlife, food experience and a center for shops and stores that sold unique items and art.
Today, the Chinatown in Honolulu is no exception to this and offers a peak into the evolving culture of the city and offers the best of local cuisine.
Chinatown Ticket Prices
- For prices of individual attractions, visit the official website.
Chinatown Opening and Closing Hours
- Timings of individual stores and restaurants vary.
- For timings of individual attractions, visit the official website.
- Recommended time to arrival 10.00 am – 5.00 pm.
How To reach Chinatown by Public Transport
- By Bus: Iwilei Rd + Kuwili St
- By Taxi
- By hiring a local Cab
- By renting a Car/Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Honolulu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Honolulu and book an accommodation of your choice.
Chinatown, Honolulu Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Thomas Square
- Makiki Valley State Recreation Area
- Halekulani Hotel
- Makapu'u Point Lighthouse
- 2410 Cleghorn St
- 2777 Kalakaua Ave
- Na Ala Hele: Manoa Falls Trail
- 2310 Kuhio Ave
- Diamond Head Road
- Diamond Head Crater
- Honolulu Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Honolulu
- What to See in 48 Hours in Honolulu
- What to See in 72 Hours in Honolulu
- How to Spend 5 Days in Honolulu
- How to Spend 6 Days in Honolulu
- How to Spend 7 Days in Honolulu