Foster Botanical Garden239 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 180 N Vineyard Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96817, United States, 96817
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8085227066
- Fax: +1-8085227050
- Ticket Price: 5 USD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Botanical Garden, Landmarks, Gardens
The Foster Botanical Garden is the oldest botanical garden in Hawaii and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The garden was built in the mid 19th century and consist of the Upper Terrace (the oldest part of the garden), Middle Terraces, Economic Garden (consisting of herbs and dyes), Prehistoric Glen (primitive plants collection), the Lyon Orchid Garden and the Hybrid Orchid Display.
The trees at the park are its crown jewels- especially a Sacred Fig tree which is a clone descendant of the Bodhi tree that Buddha sat under to gain enlightenment.
A walk here is nothing short of a spiritual experience as you admire the different varieties of trees and flowers and truly detox from the urban hustle-bustle.
Foster Botanical Garden Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water.
- Wearing sunscreen will help to protect from the sun.
- You can also contact on +1 8085227060
Entrance Ticket Details For Foster Botanical Garden
- Adults: USD 5
- Hawaii Residents: USD 3
- Children 6-12 years: USD 1
- Children under 5 years: Free
- Annual Family Pass: USD 25
For other prices, call up the place.
Foster Botanical Garden Hours
- Free Guided Tours - Tours led by Garden docents are offered at 10:30 am from Monday through Saturday. Reservations are recommended.
- For other timings, visit the official website.
How to Reach Foster Botanical Garden
- By Bus: Nuuanu Ave + Foster Gardens
- By Taxi
- By hiring a local Cab
- By renting a Car/Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Honolulu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Honolulu and book an accommodation of your choice.
3.9% of people who visit Honolulu include Foster Botanical Garden in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
50% of people start their Foster Botanical Garden visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Foster Botanical Garden
90% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Foster Botanical Garden