Hawaii State Capitol, Honolulu
Hawaii State Capitol, Honolulu - Address, Phone Number
Address: Hawaii State Capitol, 415 S Beretania Street, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Time Required: 00:45 Mins
Added 1K times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Hawaii State Capitol, Honolulu
Replacing the former Lolani Palace as the state house, the present Hawaii State Capitol was built in the 1960’s and was commissioned by John A. Burns- the second Governor of Hawaii.
The unique design of the building with its stately architecture gave way to a new style called the "Hawaiian international architecture". The pools surrounding the building represent the Pacific Ocean while the cone-shaped chambers symbolize the volcanoes that formed the Hawaiian Island.
When here, don’t forget to take the self-guided or the guided tour to know more about the history of the place.
Hawaii State Capitol Ticket Prices
- Call up the place for tour prices.
Hawaii State Capitol Opening and Closing Hours
- The Hawai‘i State Capitol building is closed on weekends.
- Recommended time of arrival: at 9.00 am, at 1.00 pm; from 8.30 am – 3.30 pm.
- Self-guided tours are available Monday through Friday: from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm year-round, with the exception of state holidays.
- For schools and other groups are available at 9.00 am on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, when the Hawaii State Legislature is in session from January through May.
- From June through December: guided tours for schools and other groups are available in the morning at 9.00 am on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- All group tours require scheduling at least two weeks in advance of your desired tour date.
Guided tours for the general public:
- Wednesday at 1:00 pm during the months of January to May.
- At 1:00 pm on Monday and Wednesday in the months of June through December (with the exception of state holidays).
- Individuals wishing to take the tour are asked to meet in Room 415, located on the fourth floor of the Capitol Building, at 1.00 pm. No prior bookings are required.
How To reach Hawaii State Capitol by Public Transport
- By Bus: Punchbowl St + Main Library
- By Taxi
- By hiring a local Cab
- By renting a Car/Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Honolulu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Honolulu and book an accommodation of your choice.
Hawaii State Capitol Sightseeing Tours
Hawaii State Capitol Culture & Theme Based Tours
Hawaii State Capitol Shore Excursions
Hawaii State Capitol Tickets And Tours
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best best of Honolulu