Hawaii State Capitol
- Address: Hawaii State Capitol, 415 S Beretania Street, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA, United States
- Phone: +1-8085860221
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Architecture
Replacing the former Lolani Palace as the state house, the present Hawaii State Capitol was built in the 1960’s and was commissioned by John A. Burns- the second Governor of Hawaii.
The unique design of the building with its stately architecture gave way to a new style called the "Hawaiian international architecture". The pools surrounding the building represent the Pacific Ocean while the cone-shaped chambers symbolize the volcanoes that formed the Hawaiian Island.
When here, don’t forget to take the self-guided or the guided tour to know more about the history of the place.
Entrance Ticket Details For Hawaii State Capitol
- Call up the place for tour prices.
Hawaii State Capitol Hours
- The Hawai‘i State Capitol building is closed on weekends.
- Recommended time of arrival: at 9.00 am, at 1.00 pm; from 8.30 am – 3.30 pm.
- Self-guided tours are available Monday through Friday: from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm year-round, with the exception of state holidays.
- For schools and other groups are available at 9.00 am on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, when the Hawaii State Legislature is in session from January through May.
- From June through December: guided tours for schools and other groups are available in the morning at 9.00 am on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- All group tours require scheduling at least two weeks in advance of your desired tour date.
Guided tours for the general public:
- Wednesday at 1:00 pm during the months of January to May.
- At 1:00 pm on Monday and Wednesday in the months of June through December (with the exception of state holidays).
- Individuals wishing to take the tour are asked to meet in Room 415, located on the fourth floor of the Capitol Building, at 1.00 pm. No prior bookings are required.
How to Reach Hawaii State Capitol
- By Bus: Punchbowl St + Main Library
- By Taxi
- By hiring a local Cab
- By renting a Car/Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Honolulu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Honolulu and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.11% of people who visit Honolulu include Hawaii State Capitol in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
66.67% of people start their Hawaii State Capitol visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Hawaii State Capitol
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hawaii State Capitol