How to Reach Honolulu
How to reach Honolulu
- By Plane: Hononulu International Airport – served by most American airlines and various Pacific ones. The Airport Waikiki Express ($9) is a quick trip to hotels in Waikiki, and leaves in every 30 minutes.
- City Buses also run between the airport and the city ($2.50), though you better have the exact change. Flights to Honolulu are usually expensive.
- By Ships: These travel very frequently between Honolulu Harbour and the USA Mainland, and are practically part of the attractions of Honolulu.
- By Bus: The network is called “The Bus”, and it’s a neatly scheduled system. Adult charge is $2.50. You’ll get a free transfer ticket to another bus – valid for 2 hours, if you ask for it. You could also buy a monthly pass ($60), or a 4 day ($25) Discovery Pass. Buses are equipped with bike racks.
- By Taxi: You can hire a taxi to travel around the city.
- By Car: You can also hire a car.
Honolulu’s roads are aligned to its geography – they follow the natural contours of the land. You will definitely need a map if you’re driving around. Keep your GPS close too. It’s best to familiarise yourself with the following terminology:
- Mauka: Towards the mountain (roughly North on this island).
- Makai: Towards the sea (roughly South on this island).
- Ewa – West
- Diamond Head: Roughly East
- Downtown Honolulu is just called the Town.
Other things to know:
- Roads are narrow and cars drive close to each other.
- Speed limits are low (25 – 30 mph), but people actually drive much slower than that.
Though you can also get around on taxis and cars, use the bus or bicycles unless you’re going out of the city.
Modes of Transportation in Honolulu
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Honolulu. The most preferred mode of transport in Honolulu is Car.
Average distance: 19.59 km Average time: 42.3 min
Car 84%Driving 41.24 min Overall average time for 20.46 kms 41.24 min
Bus/Trolleybus 8%Bus 32.5 min Waiting 12.5 min Walking 8.5 min Overall average time for 10.46 kms 53.5 min
- Other Cities
- How To Reach Jackson Hole
- How To Reach Pismo Beach
- How To Reach Columbus City
- How To Reach Jacksonville
- How To Reach Keystone
- How To Reach Panama City Beach
- How To Reach Amarillo
- How To Reach Little Rock
- How To Reach Reno
- How To Reach Fort Myers
- Nearby Cities
- How To Reach Miami
- How To Reach Los Angeles
- How To Reach New York City
- How To Reach Chicago
- How To Reach Las Vegas
- How To Reach San Francisco
- How To Reach Seattle
- How To Reach San Jose
- How To Reach Saint Louis
- How To Reach Washington D. C.