Spitting Cave2438 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 7 Lumahai St, Honolulu, HI 96825, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Cave, View Point, Nature
Although it is a pain to find, it is a tourist spot that tourists themselves recommend and swear by. The unique formation is a definite must-visit while in Honolulu. A tiny steep trail leads you down to a beautiful creek where the roaring waters are a real sight to be beheld.
The spitting part is just the water and the mist of the water that thrashes against the rock, drenching each traveler in the lovely water on a summer day. It is certainly a very refreshing spot to visit while in Honolulu.
There is a marked trail which is quite hard to find and it is rather steep but it is certainly worth the effort. You will find this hidden treasure in Kokohead and in the neighbourhood of Portlock. If you are an off-the beaten track sort of a traveler, you should certainly explore this attraction.
Spitting Cave Travel Tips
- The trail that leads up to the cave area is quite steep. It is not dangerous and most people should be able to do it but it isn’t advised for pregnant women and people who may have respiratory or back problems.
- You need to wear proper walking shoes on the trail for grip.
- Carry water as well as sunscreen and food (if you require it) on the trail.
Entrance Ticket Details For Spitting Cave
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Spitting Cave
- Bus: Lumahai Street
- Teddy's Bigger Burgers
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Honolulu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Honolulu and book an accommodation of your choice.
39.83% of people who visit Honolulu include Spitting Cave in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
36.36% of people start their Spitting Cave visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Spitting Cave
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Spitting Cave