St. Andrew's Cathedral51 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 229 Queen Emma Square, Honolulu, HI 96813, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8085242822
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Cathedral
Saint Andrew's Cathedral is home to the bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii.
The church was initiated in 1860’s on the request of Kamehameha IV and Queen Emma. The king wanted to establish a place to worship the Anglican tradition. His wish remained unfulfilled since he died before ground-breaking. Today, the place is a cathedral of the Episcopal Church, popular for its French Gothic architecture and the floor-to-ceiling stained glass art that features the European explorers who visited the Hawaiian Islands.
The external architecture of the place is just as gorgeous and is perfect for a mid-day stroll.
St. Andrew's Cathedral Hours
Weekly Worship Schedule:
- Wednesdays: 11:45 am Holy Eucharist in Parke Chapel; 5:30 pm Evensong in the Cathedral.
- Thursdays: 7:15 am Holy Eucharist in the Cathedral Peace Chapel.
- Friday: 7:15 am Holy Eucharist in the Cathedral Peace Chapel.
- Saturdays: 5:30 pm Vigil Eucharist in the Cathedral Peace Chapel.
- Sundays at The Cathedral of St. Andrew: The Cathedral celebrates three Sunday morning.
- Services and Sunday Evensong at 5:30 pm.
How to Reach St. Andrew's Cathedral
- By Bus: Queen Emma St + S Beretania St
- By Taxi
- By hiring a local Cab.
- By renting a Car/Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Honolulu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Honolulu and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.86% of people who visit Honolulu include St. Andrew's Cathedral in their plan
95% of people start their St. Andrew's Cathedral visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see St. Andrew's Cathedral
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. Andrew's Cathedral
People normally also visit Hawaiian Mission Houses Historic Site And Archives while planning their trip to St. Andrew's Cathedral.
St. Andrew's Cathedral Reviews & Ratings
Friday nights are the best. My friends and I enjoy a weekly meeting together for conversation and fellowship.
Beautiful gothic architecture and masterful stained glass. Parking in the front was $12 for two hours, but it looks like there was free parking in the area. Went on a Wednesday afternoon and it was empty, so the experience and photo opportunities were great.
Lovely Cathedral of the Hawaiian Kingdom with a top notch Choir Director and Singers. Wonderful Bell Ringers too. The Liturgy is middle low church. Very welcoming.
Wonderful sermon & very friendly people who were knowledgable about the church history. We felt welcomed and will remember the honor it was to bring up the offerings.
Great architecture, great location, need renovation from some sides.