Are you looking for what to do in Honolulu?
UNIQUE THINGS TO DO IN HONOLULU
Most of the activities revolve around the beaches. Waikiki isn’t the only one. There’s the Ala Moana Park, Hanauma Bay, Halona Beach Cove, Sandy Beach, Makapu'u Beach – they serve up a mix of chilling, watersports and surfing.
- Then there are the many military sights such as the Pearl Harbor, the USS Arizona Memorial, the USS Bowfin, the Pacific Aviation Museum, the Battleship Missouri Memorial, and the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific.
- Museums include the Bishop Museum, the`Iolani Palace, the Mission Houses Museum, the Hawaii State Art Museum, the Honolulu Academy of Arts, and the Contemporary Museum.
- Animal attractions include the Honolulu Zoo, the Sea Life Park, and the Waikiki Aquarium.
- Outside of town you can visit the Diamond Head, the Pu'u Ualaka'a Park, the Punchbowl Crater, the Nu'uanu Pali Lookout, and the Halona Blowhole.
These are only the most popular of the things to do in Honolulu – Shopping, Nightlife, Scuba Diving - Honolulu holds lots of hidden treasures if you’re willing to look for them.
- Manoa Falls: A vertical drop of about 150 feet, this beautiful waterfall is famous for its hiking trail that let you hike through the tropical bamboo and rainforest.
- Hanauma Bay Nature Park: Protected marine life conservation area where you get the best experience of snorkeling.
- Waikiki Beach: It is one of the most recognized Oahu beaches and spots in the world where you get plenty of opportunities to try activities like surfing, snorkeling, canoe paddling, sand combing and so on.
- Shangri La: Visit this Islamic style mansion where you get a glimpse of Islamic arts and culture through the collection preserved in it.
- Hanauma Bay: For swimmers who wish to explore the world beneath the water, this bay is a heaven for them.
- Kaimana Beach: Protected by a wide reef, this beach is a nice place to enjoy some fun time with family on a weekend afternoon
- Spitting Cave Of Portlock: An extremely scenic spot where shoreline is made of layered volcanic rock.
- Haiku Stairs: Also known as Stairway to Heaven, this is one of the most popular forbidden hiking trails of Oahu from where you get the best panoramic view of the entire region.
- Wet'n'Wild Hawaii: One of the top 10 family attractions of Oahu where you get to enjoy nearly 25 rides. Currently, it is the only water park in the state of Hawaii.
- Aloha Stadium: It is the largest outdoor arena in Hawaii that hosts multiple events attracting visitors from all over the world.
- Koko Head: Headland defining the eastern side of Maunalua Bay.
- Waialae Country Club: If you have a soft corner for golf game, pay a visit to this private country club where The Sony Open in Hawaii is hosted annually.
- USS Bowfin: Pay a visit to this Balao-class submarine where you get a tour within it and experience the lifestyle of the submariners of the past.
Below we have a list of things to do in Honolulu and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Honolulu getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Honolulu with confidence.