Uss Bowfin Submarine Museum And Park1966 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 11 Arizona Memorial Dr, Honolulu, HI 96818, United States, 96818
- Timings: 07:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8084231341
- Fax: +1-8084225201
- Ticket Price: 12 USD
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Museums, Specialty Museums, Social, Arts
The USS Bowfin (SS-287) Submarine was launched on 7th December 1942, exactly a year after the Pearl Harbor attack and was named the ‘Pearl Harbor Avenger’.
All through it service time, the USS Bowfin was used in nine war patrols between 1943 and 1945. The submarine covered the South China Sea, Celebes Sea, off the East coast of Japan, and into the Sea of Japan and was an alert and defense system against any more attacks akin to the Pearl harbor.
Today, the museum and park takes you through the weapons used during the wars as well as some memorabilia. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Honolulu itinerary 4 days.
- Outdoor exhibits including Regulus I- a nuclear armed turbo jet powered cruise missile used during the Cold War, the USS Parche (SS-384) and a Kaiten (manned Torpedos).
- Indoor exhibits including a Poseidon Missile, Battle flags and memorabilia of the Submarine.
Uss Bowfin Submarine Museum And Park Travel Tips
- The submarine and museum have self-guided tours that include free audio tours.
Entrance Ticket Details For Uss Bowfin Submarine Museum And Park
Admission Prices: Submarine and the Museum:
- Adults: USD 12
- Children (4-12 years): USD 5
- Military, Senior Citizens, Kama’aina: USD 8
To tour the Museum only:
- Adults: USD 6
- Children: USD 3
Uss Bowfin Submarine Museum And Park Hours
- Last admission into the submarine is at 4:30 pm.
- Snack bar is open from 7.00 am - 4.00 pm.
How to Reach Uss Bowfin Submarine Museum And Park
- By Bus: Kamehameha Hwy + Ford Island Bl
- By Taxi
- By hiring a local Cab
- By renting a Car/Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Honolulu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Honolulu and book an accommodation of your choice.
32.12% of people who visit Honolulu include Uss Bowfin Submarine Museum And Park in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
47.85% of people start their Uss Bowfin Submarine Museum And Park visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Uss Bowfin Submarine Museum And Park
94.41% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Uss Bowfin Submarine Museum And Park