Washington Place12 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 320 S Beretania St, Honolulu, HI 96813, United States, 96813
- Phone: +1-8085860248
- Fax: +1-8085860790
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Museums, Heritage Building, Social, Arts
Built by Queen Liliuokalani’s father in the 1840’s, the Washington Place served as the Hawaii State governor's mansion before getting converted to the present day museum.
This place became Queen Liliuokalani’s home after she married John Dominis. She died here in 1917. Do check out the Plaque placed near the sidewalk that bear the words of the popular song ‘Aloha Oe’ written by her.
The tour of the place is the best way to get to know the history and importance of the house.
Washington Place Travel Tips
- Touring visitors must have valid photo identification and can carry nothing larger than a handbag into the building.
Entrance Ticket Details For Washington Place
- Admission and Tour is free of cost.
- Donations are accepted.
Washington Place Hours
- The place is accessible by tour only. Call up the place to schedule a tour.
- Call up the place at least 2-days prior for reservation.
How to Reach Washington Place
- By Bus: S Beretania St+Punchbowl St
- By Taxi
- By hiring a local Cab.
- By renting a Car/Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Honolulu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Honolulu and book an accommodation of your choice.