Hot Springs Tourism
Situated in the Ouachita Mountains, Hot Springs is a thriving city built around magical springs. Nicknamed, 'The American Spa', Hot Springs is dotted with a plenty of naturally occurring hot springs that are known for their medicinal goodness. Thanks to them, Hot Springs is popular among the tourists seeking a place to relax. Once home to the Native Americans, the spa town even after so many years of development carries a touch of traditionalism.
Though the city is known for its hot springs, there are plenty of other things that you should experience in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Escape to the Garvan Woodland Gardens that is set amidst an amazing naturalistic setting. Enjoy the picturesque views from atop the Hot Springs Mountain Observatory tower. Immerse yourself in the Maxwell Blade's Theatre of Magic & Comedy that is known for its wonderful magic shows complete with a quaint gift shop of souvenirs. Seek the blessings of the Almighty at the architecturally beautiful Anthony Chapel.
If you are interested in getting married real quick without any rules to keep you at bay then Hot Springs is the right place. With no delays in getting your marriage license sanctioned, you can just elope then and there at Hot Springs. Besides this, most of the hotels in Hot Springs also provide special wedding packages to make your occasion every special and memorable.
The city has a humid subtropical climate that is characterized by hot & dry summers and cool & wet winters. While the peak season to visit the city is during the summers, the best time to visit is during the months of March, April, May, September, and October.
And try planning your visit to Hot Springs during the time of Hot Springs Music Festival, Valley of Vapors International Music Festival, or Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival. During this time, the city shines even brighter.
The town of Hot Springs derives its name from the natural hot springs that were discovered here in the 19th century. It then became a popular destination once the numerous spas were built to harness the powers of these springs. Downtown Hot Springs is a popular retreat for history lovers. The Bathhouse Row in the Hot Springs National Park is a major attraction in the town. It has been continuously in use from 1912. Most of the historic buildings in Hot Springs are in Central Avenue, close to the bath house. Planning to tie the knot? Hot Springs is a popular location for marriages after elopement since Arkansas does not have a waiting period for marriage licenses. Not just elopers, people also travel to Hot Springs for a picturesque wedding. Do not miss the Hot Springs Music Festivals.
Essential travel information and Hot Springs tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Central Standard Time (CST). UTC/GMT -6hours.
- Currency: Currency used in Hot Springs is US Dollars (USD).
- Electricity: The standard electrical voltage in Hot Springs is 120 Volts and 60 Hertz alternating current. The power sockets used are of type A and B. Check your electrical devices for their voltage consumption and use adapters if necessary.
- Internet: Almost all the hotels in Hot Springs provide free Wi-Fi connectivity and there are free Wi-Fi hotspots throughout the city, especially in the major public spots.
- Languages: American English is the most widely spoken language in Hot Springs. Apart from English, Spanish and French are some of the other languages spoken in Hot Springs.
- Security: General Emergency: 911, Hospital: (501) 624-5433, Police Department: (501) 321-6789, Fire Department: (501) 321-6971.
- Tipping: Tipping is expected in Hot Springs. It is advisable to tip around 15-20% of the pre-tax bill.
- Customs: Be on time, because the Americans are very serious about punctuality. And be wary of your surroundings. Cleanliness and hygiene are much expected.
- Be sure to look after your belongings. Especially, when you are walking alone in the nights.
Hot Springs Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Hot Springs. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Hot Springs trip planner.