Houston Zoo3561 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 6200 Hermann Park Dr, Houston, TX 77030, USA, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 1-7135336500
- Ticket Price: 14 USD
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids
Houston Zoo is zoological park located within Hermann Park in Houston. Houston Zoo is large and covers a sprawling area of 55 acres. The zoo keeps a large number of animals that crosses the number of 6000. The zoo is famous for keeping various types of exotic animals and birds and reptiles. Some of the prime attractions of Houston zoo are African lion, Maned wolf, Malayan tiger, White rhinoceros and chimpanzee. The articulately designed aquarium of the zoo keeps pacific octopus, sea turtle, eel and piranhas. The Houston Zoo keeps birds such as Congo peafowl, Mariana fruit dove, Micronesian kingfisher, Green-winged macaw and Cassowaries. Houston Zoo tour enjoy the Giraffe feeding, see the seven western lowland gorillas, discover African forest, Koolookambas, enjoy water park activities, Carousel rides and many more. Enjoy colorful houston zoo lights during 18th Nov. - 14th Jan. Best time to visit Houston zoo is in the morning. The zoo is clean and ideal for all. Your children and other tour companions will be amazed to visit the Houston Zoo.
Houston Zoo Travel Tips
- The ticket counter closes at 4pm.
- Some of the buildings open at 10:00 am.
- If you go by metro you will get 2 dollars off on your ticket to the zoo (Environment friendly).
Entrance Ticket Details For Houston Zoo
Houston zoo price -
- Child: USD 15
- Adults: USD 19
- Senior: USD12.50
- Houston zoo tickets for members and children 1 and under: Free
- Giraffe feeding price: USD 7
Houston zoo 2018 value pass -
- Adult: USD 22.95
- Child: USD 19.95
Wildlife Carousel tickets -
- Members: USD 2
- Non-Members: USD 3
Houston zoo lights tickets -
- Value Nights: Member - USD 11.95, Non-Member - USD 16.95
- Prime Nights: Member - USD 16.95, Non-Member - USD19.95
Houston zoo discount -
- Houston zoo tickets after 4 pm(valid during 26th May 2018 - 3rd sep. 2018): Save USD 4 per tickets
- Group of 50 or more - Save USD 4 for adult and USD 5 for child
- Metro Discount - USD 2 off for adult and USD 1 off for Child
- Houston Zoo free afternoon admission: Every month first Tuesday
- Zoo Rack Card: USD 1 off
Houston Zoo Hours
Houston zoo hours -
- Everyday - 9 a.m. – 7 p.m
- Giraffe Feeding timing: 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Tropical Bird House: 10 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- The Bug House opens at 9:30 a.m.
- Petting Yard in the Children’s Zoo open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Kathrine McGovern Water Play Park Open April 1 – September 30: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m
- Houston zoo lights hours: 6 pm – 10 pm
How to Reach Houston Zoo
- Buses 292, 298 to stop - Cambridge St @ Ben Taub Loop
- Mc Donald’s
- Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Wan Fu
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Houston before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Houston and book an accommodation of your choice.
34.89% of people who visit Houston include Houston Zoo in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
68.15% of people start their Houston Zoo visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Houston Zoo
84.83% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Houston Zoo
Houston Zoo Reviews & Ratings
Do they still have train tour at the zoo?Answer Report Abuse
Are scooters available for seniors?Answer Report Abuse
how does a person obtain tickets?Answer Report Abuse
I want information about the program of the zoo program during the Christmas season.Answer Report Abuse
Hi Nola. It is recommended that you contact the Houston Zoo to know about their Christmas programmes. You may call on (713) 533-6500 and ask for the details.Report Abuse