Museum District, Houston
About Museum District, Houston
Museum District, Houston - Address, Phone Number
Address: 1401 Richmond Ave #290, Houston, TX 77006, United States
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 18.7K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Museum District in Houston is an area which incorporates all the best museums both free as well as ticketed within the city. The variety of themes and fields,that the museums belong to, is astonishing.
19 museums of diverse themes can be found in this area, 11 of which are free for the public, the Buffalo Soldiers Museum, The Houston Zoo, the Holocaust Museum of Houston and the Contemporary arts museum are some of the most notable of these.
A visit to the museum district is sure to be an enriching experience. The fascinating aspects of art, science as well as education have all been brought together in a truly wonderful manner here. There are also several events and exhibitions that take place in the district quite often. In many ways the museum district is the social and cultural heart of the city and a definite must visit.
Museum District Information
- The following museums are always free- Asia Society Texas Center (all spaces except Louisa StudeSarofim Gallery) Contemporary Arts Museum Houston, DiverseWorks (Gallery Space), Houston Center for Contemporary Craft, Houston Center for Photography, Houston Museum of African American Culture, The Jung Center of Houston, Lawndale Art Center, The Menil Collection, Rice University Art Gallery, Rothko Chapel.
- Ticketed Museums are Buffalo Soldiers National Museum, Children's Museum of Houston Czech Center Museum Houston The Health Museum - The John C. Freeman Weather Museum, Houston Museum of Natural Science, Houston Zoo The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston.
- Ticket prices of other museums vary.
- The address and contact details given are for the museum office. The timings are largely the same for all museums.
How To reach Museum District by Public Transport
- Richmond Dr at Yuppon Street.
Restaurants Near Museum District
- Pepino’sitalina Restaurant
- Lucky Burger
- Black Hole Coffee House
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Houston before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Houston and book an accommodation of your choice.
Museum District, Houston Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Ikea Houston
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Houston Downtown
- Battlefield Houston
- Hotel Icon, Autograph Collection
- Attractions Unlimited Atbrkrs
- Melia Medical Center
- Carefree Inn
- City Place Apartments
- Hampton Inn Houston Downtown
- City Of Jersey Village Pool
- Houston Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Houston
- What to See in 48 Hours in Houston
- What to See in 72 Hours in Houston
- How to Spend 5 Days in Houston
- How to Spend 6 Days in Houston
- How to Spend 7 Days in Houston