Ditchling BeaconCurrently Open
- Address: Village Ditchling, Ditchling Rd, Brighton BN1, UK, Hove, United Kingdom
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, View Point, Hiking Trail, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Nature
Ditchling Beacon - Review
The highest point of East Sussex, the Ditchling Beacon is host to many sporting events and adventure activities. Located just south of the village of Ditchling, this spot offers glorious views of the surroundings. It is great for hiking but the good news is that even vehicles go right to the very summit of the hill. The only access to the peak is via the Beacon road that connects to Brighton and many other villages. The area is home to a number of flora and fauna. There are vast expanses of green stretching for miles at length that give the whole place a surreal feel.
Ditchling Beacon Information
- A great place for a picnic.
- Topmost viewing point is accessible for most children's buggies.
- Car park is surfaced and suitable for wheelchairs.
- Top-most view point is accessed by fairly steep ascents with unlevel terrain, which may prove challenging for wheelchair users.
Ditchling Beacon Hours
- For timings of specific areas, visit the national trust website.
How To reach Ditchling Beacon by Public Transport
- By Bus: Take the bus Brighton and Hove (no.79) or the one going to Brighton Old Steine . The buses from Brighton Railway Station to Ditchling Beacon alight at Ditchling Beacon car park directly.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hove before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hove and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Ditchling Beacon
95% of people who visit Hove include Ditchling Beacon in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
35.06% of people start their Ditchling Beacon visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Ditchling Beacon
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ditchling Beacon