Mukumugi ValleyCurrently Open
- Address: Hualien County Police Bureau, 972, Taiwan, Hualien County, Xiulin Township, 銅門65號
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +886-38641051
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Family And Kids, Valley
Mukumugi is a beautiful place. And we know that because that’s literally what ‘Mukumugi’ means. The Chingshui River flows merrily through a pretty valley and creates a number of pretty pools on its way. To access it, get your cab to drop you off at the police station near the parking area - you will need a permit. Once you have it, it’s a five kilometer hike up Emerald Valley to one of the most enchanting lagoons you will ever lay your eyes on. Don’t be tempted by some of the other pool that will appear earlier in the hike. The final set of pools are the ones you are after. The aborigines in this area are famous for their traditional knife making techniques.
Mukumugi Valley Travel Tips
- The address given here is for the police station, not the valley itself.
- Only 600 people (300 in the morning, 300 in the afternoon) per day. It’s best to visit on a weekday.
- Bring your passport or ARC for the permit.
- Make sure you’re carrying a good amount of cash.
How to Reach Mukumugi Valley
- Hire a scooter from Hualien station
- Take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hualien before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hualien and book an accommodation of your choice.
3.18% of people who visit Hualien include Mukumugi Valley in their plan
50% of people start their Mukumugi Valley visit around 12 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Mukumugi Valley
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mukumugi Valley