Tianxiang Scenic AreaCurrently Open
- Address: Tian Xiang Parking, 972, Taiwan, Hualien County, Xiulin Township
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +886-38691162
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
This charming cultural village deep inside the Taroko Gorge Area cannot be properly experience in a visit that lasts for mere hours. It’s best to take spend at least a couple of days here. At any rate the village has more than a handful of things to do. The Tienhsiang Plum Garden is a good way to start your explorations. Check out the Catholic Tien Hsiang Church. The Wentienhsiang Park has a charming Shinto Shrine. But the main attraction here is The Xiangde Temple, with its giant Bodhisattva Buddha statue and also the seven-story Tianfeng Pagoda. The views from the top of the Pagoda are fantastic. This exotic mish-mashing of culture arose from the fact that this area had previously been colonised by various different parties - Spain, the Netherlands, and Japan. Don’t forget to take photos from the Pudu suspension bridge.
Tianxiang Scenic Area Hours
- Tianxiang Tourist Center: 9:00am to 4:00pm. Closed on the 2nd and 4th Monday of the month
- Xiangde Temple: 6:00am to 5:00pm
- Other attractions have their own opening and closing hours. Find out from the tourist center.
How to Reach Tianxiang Scenic Area
- Buses to Luoshao,Lishan,Tiansiang leave Hualien Train Station and stop Taroko Visitor Center. Price is roughly 170 NTD.
- Take a taxi from Xincheng Taroko Station to the Park entrance.
- The Tour Taiwa Taroko Bus leaves Hualien train station 7 times a day between 7.50am and 3:00pm and goes to Tienhsiang, which is in the park.
- Hire a scooter from Hualien station using an internationally-valid driving licence and your passport details.
- Buses 302, 1126, 1133, 1133A, 1141 stop Tian Xiang
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hualien before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hualien and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.06% of people who visit Hualien include Tianxiang Scenic Area in their plan
95% of people start their Tianxiang Scenic Area visit around 1 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Tianxiang Scenic Area
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tianxiang Scenic Area
People normally also visit Zhuilu Old Trail while planning their trip to Tianxiang Scenic Area.