Yanzihkou Trail13 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Yanzikou (Swallow Grotto) Trail, 972, Taiwan, Hualien County, Xiulin Township
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +886-386211006
- Time Required: 00:20 Mins
- Tags: Trail, Family And Kids
This walk is barely a kilometer long yet it is one of the more popular routes in Taroko. Trailing from the Swallow’s Grotto to Jinheng Bridge, the path is favoured by those who want to be able to say that they hiked, but don’t want hiking to become an intense activity. You will pass two long and dangerous looking suspension bridges on your hike. You’ll also pass through several tunnels that squeeze through the narrowest part of the gorge. In the walls, you’ll see the potholes carved into the rock by the river, and the swallows that nest there.
Yanzihkou Trail Travel Tips
- Trail begins at Swallow’s Grotto 24°10'24.7"N 121°34'11.1"E
- Trail ends at Jinheng Bridge: 24°10'21.5"N 121°33'37.2"E
How to Reach Yanzihkou Trail
- Buses to Luoshao, Lishan, Tiansiang leave Hualien Train Station at 6.30am, 8.40am, 10.50am and 1.50pm and stop Taroko Visitor Center. Price is roughly 170 NTD.
- Take a taxi from Xincheng Taroko Station to the Park entrance.
- The Tour Taiwan Taroko Bus leaves Hualien train station 7 times a day between 7.50am and 3:00pm and goes to Tienhsiang, which is in the park.
- Hire a scooter from Hualien station using an internationally-valid driving licence and your passport details.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hualien before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hualien and book an accommodation of your choice.
3.88% of people who visit Hualien include Yanzihkou Trail in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
66.67% of people start their Yanzihkou Trail visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Yanzihkou Trail
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Yanzihkou Trail