Eternal Spring Shrine33 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 972, Taiwan, Hualien County, Xiulin Township
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +886-38621100
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Memorial, Family And Kids
The construction of the Central Cross-Island Highway led to the deaths of 212 military veterans. Constructed in 1958, this landmark memorial complex close to the entrance of the park was built to commemorate them. The Shrine is located right above the waterfall from which it takes its name (the stream flows in all seasons without pause). Note the architectural style - it represents the traditions of the Tang Dynasty. Behind the temple, a 2.2km trail leads to Guanyin Cave (filled with statues of taoist gods) Taroko Tower, and the Bell Tower. Landslides have damaged this shrine multiple times, and it has always been repaired.
Eternal Spring Shrine Travel Tips
- The trail mentioned here can be slippery.
How to Reach Eternal Spring Shrine
- Buses to Luoshao, Lishan, Tiansiang leave Hualien Train Station at 6.30am, 8.40am, 10.50am and 1.50pm and stop Taroko Visitor Center. Price is roughly 170 NTD.
- Take a taxi from Xincheng Taroko Station to the Park entrance
- The Tour Taiwan (Taiwan is OK) Taroko Bus leaves Hualien train station 7 times a day between 7.50am and 3:00pm and goes to Tienhsiang, which is in the park.
- Hire a scooter from Hualien station using an internationally-valid driving licence and your passport details
11.66% of people who visit Hualien include Eternal Spring Shrine in their plan
5 PM - 6 PM
36% of people start their Eternal Spring Shrine visit around 5 PM - 6 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Eternal Spring Shrine
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Eternal Spring Shrine