Taroko National Park80 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 972, Taiwan, Hualien County, Xiulin Township, 富世村富世291號
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +886-38621100
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: National Park, Family And Kids, Nature
This 19-kilometer long gorge and the area that surrounds it is one of the greatest natural attractions in the country. The steeply rising gorge was formed as water carved through beautiful metamorphic rock. Named by the Truku aboriginal tribe that lives in the area, the park was established in 1986 during the rise of the environmental protection movement. In addition to the scenic spots, keep an eye out for the diverse fauna, rich avian life, and the prehistoric sites. You may also camp overnight.
You can also just choose to take the Tour Taiwan (Taiwan is OK) Taroko Bus to Tienhsiang Service Station. It passes by major sights such as Qixintan beach, Xincheng station, Taroko Archway, Taroko Tourist Information Centre, Cihmu Bridge, Swallows Grotto, Shakadang Trail, Buluowan Service Station (for insight into traditional local life), Tunnel of Nine Turns, and Lushui on the way. Also check out the Lushui Trail, Xiangde Temple Trail, Baiyang Trail, Lianhua Pond and the Bilu Sacred Tree.
Taroko National Park Travel Tips
- To access the reserved areas of the park, you will have to book entry permits at least a week in advance. Visit the official Taroko National Park information website for more info.
- Rent a scooter from Hualien or Xincheng and drive the gorge, but this is for experienced riders only.
- The park official website has an extensive list of dos and don’ts. Failure to comply with the rules can incur heavy fines. Make sure to check them out.
- There are various safety hazards at the park. Find out what they are before your visit.
Entrance Ticket Details For Taroko National Park
- Individual attractions within the park may have their own entrance fees.
Taroko National Park Hours
- Visitors Center near eastern gate: 8:30am to 5:30pm.
- Closed on Monday of the 2nd week every month and the day before Lunar New Year.
How to Reach Taroko National Park
- Buses to Luoshao, Lishan, Tiansiang leave Hualien Train Station at 6.30am, 8.40am, 10.50am and 1.50pm and stop Taroko Visitor Center. Price is roughly 170 NTD.
- Take a taxi from Xincheng Taroko Station to the Park entrance.
- The Tour Taiwan (Taiwan is OK) Taroko Bus leaves Hualien train station 7 times a day between 7.50am and 3:00pm and goes to Tienhsiang, which is in the park.
- Hire a scooter from Hualien station using an internationally-valid driving licence and your passport details.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hualien before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hualien and book an accommodation of your choice.
23.88% of people who visit Hualien include Taroko National Park in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
38.1% of people start their Taroko National Park visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Taroko National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Taroko National Park