Sainte-claire ParkCurrently Open
- Address: 89 Allée Castel Sainte-Claire, 83400 Hyères, France, Hyeres
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-494018450
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Watch Tower, Botanical Garden, Family And Kids
The Castle, in the grounds of which this garden is located, was once the residence of novelist Edith Wharton - she’s the one who planted these wonderful terraced gardens. Now classified as a Notable Garden of France, it contains cacti and subtropical plants such as cycads, musas, coral trees, aloes, yuccas, lantana and salvia. The gardens are beautifully terraced, and have wonderful views of the city, the beach and the ocean. At the top of the gardens, close the watchtower, you can find the gravesite of another person who once stayed at the villa – a French officer called Olivier Voutier.
Sainte-claire Park Travel Tips
- The villa houses the office of the National Park of Port-Cros and the Botanical Preserve of Porquerolles.
Sainte-claire Park Hours
- Closes 7:00 pm in summer (June-August approx.)
- Closes 6:00 pm in spring (March – May approx.)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hyeres before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hyeres and book an accommodation of your choice.
90% of people who visit Hyeres include Sainte-claire Park in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
40% of people start their Sainte-claire Park visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Sainte-claire Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sainte-claire Park