Birla Mandir828 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Hill Fort Road, Hyderabad, Telangana, 500004, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4023450165
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
The stark white marble construction of the Birla Temple is easily spotted from a distance. The temple was opened in the 1970’s and is dedicated to Lord Venkateswara. Shrines of Goddesses Padamavati and Andal are also placed here.
Built around giant boulders on the Naubat Pahad, the temple is known for its architectural accents of classic styles of Utkal (from Odisha), Dravidian (South Indian) and Rajasthani art. The main idol of the temple of Lord Venkateshwara stands tall at a height of 11 feet! The temple is also one of the few that does not have a bell as per the wishes of Swami Ranganathananda who wanted the temple to preserve its tranquil, meditative ambience.
Highlights of the temple include:
- The statue of Lord Venkateshwara.
- The brass flagstaff at the temple that stands at a height of 42 meters.
- Stories from Mahabharata and Ramayana that are covered out on the walls and celling of the temple.
- The view of the twin cities of Secunderabad and Hyderabad from the temple along with the view of the beautiful Hussain Sagar Lake.
The temple is basked in lights after dark and is an enchanting view in itself! Don’t forget to take a few moments to meditate when you visit the temple. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Hyderabad itinerary 2 days.
Birla Mandir Travel Tips
- You will need to wear conservative clothes and don’t forget to remove your footwear before you enter the temple.
Birla Mandir Hours
- Other recommended time of arrival is: 3.00 pm – 8.00 pm
How to Reach Birla Mandir
- By Bus: Andhra Bank Bus Stop
- By Train: Lakdikapul station
- By Auto rickshaw
- By Taxi
- By renting a motorcycle
- By taking a tourist bus
- By Walking
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hyderabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hyderabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
20.45% of people who visit Hyderabad include Birla Mandir in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
55.81% of people start their Birla Mandir visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Birla Mandir
91.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Birla Mandir