B. M. Birla Planetarium, Hyderabad
About B. M. Birla Planetarium, Hyderabad
B. M. Birla Planetarium, Hyderabad - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Near Birla Temple, Ambedkar Colony, Hyderabad, Telangana, 500004, India
Ticket Price: 80 INR
Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
Timings: 11:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 334 times in trip plans
Science Museum, Observatory, Planetarium , Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A part of the Birla Science Centre, the B. M. Birla Planetarium was established in the 1980’s and competes with some of the most well known Planetariums not just in the county but all over the world. If you are a closet geek at heart who loves the mysteries attached to space like black holes, comets and dark energy, a visit here will tickle your curious mind while still being entertaining.
Do watch out for the trending sky shows that are regularly arranged here along with other ongoing activities. The shows adapt new discoveries every year and give a thoroughly informative experience that can be understood by people of all ages.
B. M. Birla Planetarium Information
- Additional Contact No: +91 40 23235081
- Children below 4 years are not allowed at the planetarium.
B. M. Birla Planetarium Ticket Prices
- Entry Fee for Planetarium: INR 80/-
- Combo (Planetarium + Science Museum): INR 150/-
B. M. Birla Planetarium Opening and Closing Hours
- Inquiry hours: 10.30 am to 5.00 pm daily
- General hours of Science Museum: daily from 10:30 am to 8:00 pm
General Planetarium hours:
- Open daily: 11.30 am – 8.00 pm
- Closed on the last Thursday of every month and will be open only from 3:00 p.m. on the 2nd and last Friday of every month for maintenance
Planetarium Show timings for all 7 days of the week
- English: 11:30 am; 4:00 pm & 6:00 pm
- Telugu: 12:15 pm ; 3:00 pm; 5:00 pm & 6:45 pm & (8.15 pm Optional)
- Hindi: 7:30 pm
- Observatory: open after 6.00 pm
- Nirmala Birla gallery of Modern art: Open from: 10:30 am to 8:00 pm
How To reach B. M. Birla Planetarium by Public Transport
- By Bus: All India Radio Station
- By Train: Lakdikapul station
- By Auto rickshaw
- By Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hyderabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hyderabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
B. M. Birla Planetarium, Hyderabad Reviews - Write a Review
Firstly, if you are planning to visit this place make sure at least you have half day time fully to dedicate to this place. Starting with the planetarium show- though the store was little slow but it's was really engaging. Though kids below 10 might not really follow the narration but they will be bewitched by the projection. Interactive Science gallery, Dinosorium, Dolls gallery and archeological gallery are also quite engaging and fun for both adults and children alike. If you are looking for a day out with you kids then this is the place.
It's a great place! They must separate school and non school shows so that both population can enjoy shows with their own (different ) priorities!
Very good place. Need min 5 hrs time to see. Very useful children. Parents need to spend time
Its good but I felt the entry charge is bit high, if they provide it free of cost for students its well and very good.
Every Telugu person know about birla temple ... beautiful hill view of tank bund budge statu and beautiful roads of Hyderabad...
- Nearby Attractions
- Ntr Gardens
- City Center Mall
- Hotel Tara
- Bikanervala Boutique Hotel
- Taj Mahal Hotel
- Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre
- Bikanervala Bakery
- Runway 9
- Bawarchi Hotel
- Jrc Conventions & Trade Fairs
- Hyderabad Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Hyderabad
- What to See in 48 Hours in Hyderabad
- What to See in 72 Hours in Hyderabad
- How to Spend 5 Days in Hyderabad
- How to Spend 6 Days in Hyderabad
- How to Spend 7 Days in Hyderabad