- Address: Hyderabad, India
- Phone: +91-4024657813
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
British Residency - Review
The Biritish Residency dates back to the late 18th century and was originally built as a residence for James Achilles Kirkpatrick who married an Indian woman Khair un Nissa. Kirkpatrick was smitten by the Indo-Persian culture and soon gave up his British lifestyle to accept the Indian way of living. The residency was known to be part of his fascination of the regal life of the Nizams and he even converted to Islam during this period.
Today, the gorgeous house, even though in ruins, has some of the most stunning art and architecture you will see around the city. The famous Durbar hall with elegant chandeliers, beautiful columns and dainty staircases along with other parts of the mansion, has become the premises of the OU College for Women but its timeless splendour still remains to attract tourists and locals.
British Residency Information
- Tourists cannot enter the building but can take a walk around the premises.
How To reach British Residency by Public Transport
- By Bus: Koti Womens College
- By Train: Malakpet Railway Station (2 kilometers away)
- By Auto rickshaw
- By Taxi
- By renting a motorcycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hyderabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hyderabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting British Residency
0.9% of people who visit Hyderabad include British Residency in their plan
46.67% of people start their British Residency visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see British Residency
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting British Residency
British Residency Map
British Residency Trips
British Residency, Hyderabad Reviews
All QuestionsBritish residency
- Actors - Ames Community Theater
- Wakefield Woods
- The Space For Ames
- Saints Peter And Paul Catholic Church
- First Evangelical Free Church
- Christ Apostolic Faith Temple
- Baha'i Faith
- Cy Stephens Auditorium
- The Salt Company
- Zumwalt Station Park
- US Army Recruiting
- Chinese Evangelical Free Church Of Ames
- Clyde Williams Field
- Albrecht Christopher Asst
- Korean Christian Reformed Church