- Address: Char Kaman, Ghansi Bazaar, Hyderabad, Telangana 500002, India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-402522990
- Ticket Price: 5 INR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Landmark, Historical Site
Charminar - Review
This landmark of Hyderabad is the jewel in the crown of this city of pearls. This milestone was built by Mohammed Quli qutub Shah, the founder of Hyderabad. Built in the 16th century, this glorious tower has four graceful minarets and has 45 prayer spaces and an alluring mosque inside. The beautiful building is illuminated in the evenings and this historical structure is always surrounded by hustle-bustle of tourists and localities.
The adjoining Laad bazaar is famous for colourful shopping and is a shopping centre of the old city. Amazing range of traditional jewellery, bridal wears and glass and stone studded bangles- a speciality of the city is available here. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Hyderabad itinerary 2 days.
- When in the mosque of the Charminar, it should be kept in mind that it is a religious place so head should be covered at all times.
- It is advisable to leave the footwear outside.
- The peace and sanity of the religious place should be not disturbed.
How To reach Charminar by Public Transport
- Bus no 1B, 2D, 2U, 3C, 9, 9F, 9Q, 9R, 63B, 63M, 63S, 65, 65A, 65S, 67L, 71, 72M, 72N, 73, 75R, 81H, 81R, 85, 85B, 85H, 85J, 143A, 178R, 178V, 208C, 272C
Restaurants Near Charminar
- Shah Ghouse Cafe- for Biryani
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hyderabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hyderabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Charminar
95% of people who visit Hyderabad include Charminar in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
43.25% of people start their Charminar visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Charminar
76.44% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Charminar
Charminar Sightseeing Tours
Charminar Culture & Theme Based Tours
Charminar, Hyderabad Reviews
“We visited Charminar in may.Charminar means 4 pillars. Its over 425 years old now . Its cool in the inside with beautiful ceilings. Its 2 storied mosque & monument with narrow staircases and is steep and dark. Its crowded always. Its in midst of shopping area surrounded all sides by markets. The place isn't kept clean and noisy. The parking is such a pain at this place. It was hot in may itself. Lots of construction were happening around Charminar.
One of the most famous place in Hyderabad, infact Charminar is like face of Hyderabad. Never go here with any girl because it's their best site for shopping and you will have to wait for hours till they shop. The best time to visit here is night. There is some construction going which has been more than 2 years. If the place is maintained clean it will be more good to visit.
charminar is historic. but not maintained properly. its overcrowded with shops and people.. writings all over the wall.. if they maintain the monument making a peaceful atmosphere near it.. it will be lovely.. already it has many visitors.. just imagine how more beautiful it may be
Nice location The Charminar ("Four Minarets"), constructed in 1591, is a monument and mosque located in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. The landmark has become a global icon of Hyderabad, listed among the most recognized structures of India. Charminar has been a historical place with mosque on the top floor for over 400 years and also famous for its surrounding markets. It is one of the tourist attractions in Hyderabad. It is where Many local festivals are celebrated in Charminar area like Ramzan..
I have been there many times, but this Friday, I went for the first time during Ramzan and that too on the last night. It was a crazy experience. It is one of the most iconic places in India and may just be the symbol for Hyderabad. The 2 km stretch is filled with hawkers and street food, with no place to walk. Even in the late hours of 1 am, it was a filled with people. Once in a lifetime of experience.
- Schilift Sandl GmbH & Co
- Kaminstüberl - Kegelbahnen, Peter Frühwirth
- Bahnhof Frojach- Katschtal D Steiermärksichen Landesbahnen
- Würschl Adolf
- TC Raika St. Peter Werner Galler
- Gemeinde Neustift Bei Güssing
- Maria Piringer
- Lechner Buam
- Österreichische Turn- U Sportunion St Veit/Gölsen
- Bahnhof St Veit An Der Gölsen
- Pfarrkirche St. Veit
- Gemeindeamt D Marktgemeinde St. Veit An Der Gölsen
- Maccandi Og
- Siglhof - Stätte D Begegnung