Charminar4172 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Char Kaman, Ghansi Bazaar, Hyderabad, Telangana 500002, India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-402522990
- Ticket Price: 5 INR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Landmark, Historical Site
This landmark of Hyderabad is the jewel in the crown of this city of pearls. This milestone was built by Mohammed Quli qutub Shah, the founder of Hyderabad. Built in the 16th century, this glorious tower has four graceful minarets and has 45 prayer spaces and an alluring mosque inside. The beautiful building is illuminated in the evenings and this historical structure is always surrounded by hustle-bustle of tourists and localities.
The adjoining Laad bazaar is famous for colourful shopping and is a shopping centre of the old city. Amazing range of traditional jewellery, bridal wears and glass and stone studded bangles- a speciality of the city is available here. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Hyderabad itinerary 2 days.
Charminar Travel Tips
- When in the mosque of the Charminar, it should be kept in mind that it is a religious place so head should be covered at all times.
- It is advisable to leave the footwear outside.
- The peace and sanity of the religious place should be not disturbed.
How to Reach Charminar
- Bus no 1B, 2D, 2U, 3C, 9, 9F, 9Q, 9R, 63B, 63M, 63S, 65, 65A, 65S, 67L, 71, 72M, 72N, 73, 75R, 81H, 81R, 85, 85B, 85H, 85J, 143A, 178R, 178V, 208C, 272C
- Shah Ghouse Cafe- for Biryani
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hyderabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hyderabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Hyderabad include Charminar in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
37.46% of people start their Charminar visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Charminar
65.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Charminar