Chowmahalla Palace3200 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 20-4-236, Motigalli, Khilwat, Hyderabad, Telangana 500002, India Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4024522032
- Ticket Price: 200 INR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Palace, Architecture
A classic blend of Persian, Rajasthani, Indo-Saracen and European style of architecture is reflected in this dazzling palace made up of four distinguishable palaces incorporated together. The southern courtyard has one mahal with period rooms containing the Nizams’ over-the-top furniture; another mahal with an exhibit on life in the Zenana (women’s quarters) that includes bejewelled clothes, carpets and a bride palanquin; antique cars (one Nizam allegedly used a Rolls Royce as a garbage can); and curiosities like elephant seats.
In the northern courtyard is the Khilwat Mubarak , a magnificent durbar hall where Nizams held ceremonies under 19 enormous chandeliers of Belgian crystal. Today the hall houses exhibitions of photos, arms and clothing. Hung with curtains, the balcony over the main hall once served as seating for the women of the family, who attended all durbars in purdah.
Some other masterpieces in this multifaceted structure include The Clock Tower, The Council Hall, and The Roshan Bangla, which have their independent significance.
A beautiful palace incorporating all the elements of Rajasthani, Persian, Indo- Saracen and European architecture and bringing them to life in the form of this astonishing piece of marvel. The place is of course not free for visitors. You have to Chowmahalla Tickets to enter the place. Tickets for Chowmahalla can be availed directly from the premises. There is only one Chowmahalla Ticket Prices for visitors in general, yet keep some extra buck with you in case you need it. Visit early to Buy Tickets for Chowmahalla to avoid unnecessary crowd. Ensure to visit the other small attractions to enjoy the best of it. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Hyderabad itinerary 2 days.
Chowmahalla Palace Travel Tips
- Tripods are not allowed.
- No smoking zone.
- Plastic is not allowed.
Entrance Ticket Details For Chowmahalla Palace
- INR 80 per Adult for Indians.
- INR 10 per Child (Below 12 Yrs) for Indians.
- INR 50 for Still Camera.
- INR 200 for Video Camera.
How to Reach Chowmahalla Palace
- Bus no 2C, 72V, 143A, 254
- Shah Ghouse Cafe- for biryani
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hyderabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hyderabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Chowmahalla Palace Address: 20-4-236, Motigalli, Khilwat, Hyderabad, Telangana 500002, India
- Chowmahalla Palace Contact Number: +91-4024522032
- Chowmahalla Palace Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Chowmahalla Palace Price: 200 INR
- Best time to visit Chowmahalla Palace(preferred time): 11:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Chowmahalla Palace: 01:30 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
79.03% of people who visit Hyderabad include Chowmahalla Palace in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
63.16% of people start their Chowmahalla Palace visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Chowmahalla Palace
64.08% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chowmahalla Palace
People normally club together Falaknuma Palace and Charminar while planning their visit to Chowmahalla Palace.