Golconda Fort4646 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Khair Complex, Ibrahim Bagh, Hyderabad, Telangana 500008, India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4023512401
- Ticket Price: 100 INR
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Castle, Historical Site, Fort
This grand fortress dates back to the early reigns of the Yadavas and the Kakatiyas, but it gained its acclaim and fame from the time of Qutub Shah Kings. The word literally means shepherd’s hill in local language. The original mud fort was rebuilt by the Qutub Shahi Kings in a psna of 62 years and is one of the most popular forts of India. The unbelievable acoustics, palaces, ingenious water supply systems and the renowned Fateh Rahben gun- a giant cannon is always a fact of wonder for the visitors. The uniquely designed fortress has facility of noticing slightest of the sound created at the entrance right up to the court of the King.
The citadel is built on a 120m-high granite hill and surrounded by crenulated ramparts constructed from large masonry blocks. Outside the citadel stands another crenulated rampart, with a perimeter of 11 kilometres and yet another wall beyond this. The massive gates were studded with iron spikes to obstruct war elephants.
Naya Qila (new fort) is home to a magnificent 400-year-old baobab tree (hatiyan ka jhad: elephant tree), with a circumference of 27m, said to have been brought from Abyssinia by Arab traders. The crumbling rampart here has great views of the fort and tombs. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Hyderabad itinerary 2 days.
Golconda Fort Travel Tips
- Guides are available.
- Although it is ideal to visit the fort in the morning, the night show is a must watch and visiting twice is recommended. Sound & Light Show Ticket counter at Golconda Fort is open from 5:30pm.
Entrance Ticket Details For Golconda Fort
- Indians: 5 INR
- 25 for Still Camera.
- 130 for Sound & Light Show.
Golconda Fort Hours
Sound & Light Show Timings at Golconda Fort
- 1st Show English (All Days).
- 2nd Show in Telugu on Monday, Wednesday & Friday,
- 2nd Show in Hindi on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday.
- Show Timings (Nov to Feb): 1st Show 6:30pm & 2nd Show 7.45pm.
- Show Timings (Mar to Oct): 1st Show 7:00pm & 2nd Show 8.15pm.
How to Reach Golconda Fort
- Bus no 65S, 66G, 80, 119, 142K, 801 to stop Golconda Fort Stop
- Mushkab restaurant
- Little Italy
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hyderabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hyderabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Hyderabad include Golconda Fort in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
74.61% of people start their Golconda Fort visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Golconda Fort
94.64% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Golconda Fort