Hussain Sagar Lake, Hyderabad
About Hussain Sagar Lake, Hyderabad
Hussain Sagar Lake, Hyderabad - Address
Address: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
Added 35K times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Lake
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Set picturesquely on a plinth in the Hussain Sagar, a lake built by the Qutb Shahs, is one of the world’s largest free-standing Buddha statues. It's an especially magnificent sight when illuminated at night. Hussain Sagar Lake is one of the largest man-made lakes in Asia. It connects the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad. A prominent monolith of Lord Buddha is mounted at the centre of the lake.
The Hussain Sagar was created on a stream of the River Musi by Sufi Saint Hussain Shah Wahi in the year 1562, during the rule of Ibrahim Quli Qutub Shah. It is a wide artificial lake that holds water perpetually. A massive Buddha statue weighing 350 tonnes stands 16 meter tall in the middle of the Hussain Sagar Lake. The statue is made entirely in white granite.
The Necklace Road is another attraction which outlines the periphery of the Hussain Sagar Lake, enhancing its beauty even more. Standing on the water front at night, one is mesmerised by the glimmering row of lights demarcating the lake that looks like a diamond studded necklace. Other attractions around the lake are the Lumbini Park and the Birla Mandir. The ancient temple of Katta Maisamma, symbolising ‘Goddess of the dam’, is very close to this road and pulls a lot of devotees every year.
Hussain Sagar Lake Information
- There might be ticket charges for the boat ride.
- Laser show at the Lumbini Park is worth catching up.
- The Lumbini Park is closed on Mondays.
- Adventure water sports like Regatta, yachting and sailing are available.
Hussain Sagar Lake Ticket Prices
- 55 per Adult for Mechanised Boat.
- 35 per Adult for Mechanised Boat.
- 250 per Person for Jet Ski Boat.
- 300 per Couple for Jet Ski Boat.
- 100 per Person for Rajahamsa Boat (min 5 persons).
- 400 per Person for Para Sailing.
Hussain Sagar Lake Opening and Closing Hours
- The boat ride is open from 8 am to 10 pm.
How To reach Hussain Sagar Lake by Public Transport
- Bus no 38X to Rani Gunj bus Depo.
- Bus no 5, 5B, 5BL, 5L, 5SD, 7C, 7I, 7M, 7V, 16A, 5K,36K, 37N, 38, 38T, 85B, 229D, 229M, 229X to Tan Bund bus stop.
Restaurants Near Hussain Sagar Lake
- Eat street
- The Water Front
- Tansen Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hyderabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hyderabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
Hussain Sagar Lake, Hyderabad Reviews - Write a Review
It is a good place for silence and we get lot of mind relaxation. You can come with your family and friends, I challenge you that you will get more relaxation. It is a good place for, 👉 Photography 👉To celebrate birthdays @Mid nights 👉 Boat riding 👉 Cool Atmosphere in evening's
Hussain Sagar Lake: A good place for family picnic -Family place with garden -quick snacks and drinks available -Entry fees of around 20rs -boat rides to see Buddha Statue -paid parking is available for cars and bikes. -laser show with extra ticket Please click on Like if you find my review helpful :)
The only place in Hyderabad where u can go multiple times to chill. Only problem is the water is not clean and it stinks but bearable. Location is good and u can take a halt during night outs. Food stalls are available whole night.
nice place to visit with family and spend some precious time with them. the place is famously known as a Tank Bund, a popular spot of tourist attraction
Nice place for walking n cycling. With green environment. Better to go in morning time.
- Nearby Attractions
- Leo Splash
- Hyderabad Central
- Durgam Cheruvu Lake
- St. Josephs Cathedral
- Spanish Mosque
- Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park
- Srinidhi Joy N Joy Resorts
- Krishna Kanth Park
- Saroornagar Lake
- Priyadarshini Park
- Hyderabad Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Hyderabad
- What to See in 48 Hours in Hyderabad
- What to See in 72 Hours in Hyderabad
- How to Spend 5 Days in Hyderabad
- How to Spend 6 Days in Hyderabad
- How to Spend 7 Days in Hyderabad