Nehru Zoological Park, Hyderabad
Nehru Zoological Park, Hyderabad - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Zoo Park Main Road, Kishan Bagh, Bahadurpura, Hyderabad, Telangana 500064
Ticket Price: 30 INR
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
Added 20K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Park, Zoo, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Nehru Zoological Park, Hyderabad
Spanning 300 lush green acres, the Nehru Zoological Park is a must for nature lovers. It has over 250 species of animals and birds, most of which are kept in conditions as close to their natural habitats as possible. This is the first zoo to create mutated enclosures for animals.
The Lion Safari Park, Natural History Museum and Children’s Train are the added attractions.The Mir Alam Tank is a large lake adjacent to Nehru Zoological Park. Andra Pradesh Tourism operates boats on the lake, for which one has to enter through the Zoo.
Nehru Zoological Park Information
- Safari rides and train rides are available.
- There are separate charges for camera and video shooting.
- Getting around the zoo in your own vehicle has separate charges.
- Children have concession in ticket prices.
- Other Contact No. +91 40 24473253
Nehru Zoological Park Ticket Prices
- INR 15 per Child below 12 years.
- INR 20 for Amateur Still Camera.
- INR 500 for Professional Still Camera.
- INR 100 for Amateur Video Camera.
- INR 500 for Professional Video Camera.
- INR 1500 for trucks for film shooting.
- INR 1000 for Car/Jeep.
- Train ride, safari ride, Nocturnal animal house, battery vehicle have separate charge, check official website.
How To reach Nehru Zoological Park by Public Transport
Bus no 2, 3, 71, 74, 94, 95, 95, 251, 252 to Nehru Zoological Park bust stop
Restaurants Near Nehru Zoological Park
- Maharaja Canteen
- Vijaya Dairy Parlour
- Multi-cuisine Food Court
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hyderabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hyderabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
Nehru Zoological Park, Hyderabad Reviews - Write a Review
Niece place to visit with family get together. First take a train ride for smooth look, which charge adult 20rs &10 rs for child. In this u easily identify the places u have to visit. After that take a walk and enjoy the God's creations and feel the beauty of nature. Security person r not allowing bedsheets in zoo, children playing items, which very bad. I request zoo authority to look in this matter.
Nehru zoological park is a very nice place and i visit every time with my girl here. You can even rent a bicycle here for just 50/- and you can roam total Park in the cycle. Good recreation for children and elderly people. You cannot see whole park by walk. Rent bicycles from the rental shop near Fish Aquarium Expo.Excellent atmosphere with variety of animals and excellent reptile park......Safari is not as good as bangalore. It is Spread over an area of approximately 380 acres, the Nehru Zoo Park boasts of almost 1,500 species of birds, mammals and reptiles. Adding to the extensive varieties of wildlife, this zoo park is considered to be the first one where animals have been kept in zoological order. What makes Hyderabad zoo an amiable place for both visitors and inhabitants are the open enclosures in which animals are kept. These open enclosures have been created to resemble the natural habitats. A wide variety of exotic animals have been successfully bred in this zoo park as well. Adding to the overall experience are the extensive range of activities to do in Hyderabad Zoo Park. Various Safaris, such as lion safari, bear safari and bison safari, along with toy train makes the visit all the more exciting. Butterfly Park, Jurassic Park, aquariums, etc., also let you explore the wildlife in a fun yet educational manner.
A great place to spend quality time. Train rides safaris and cycles are different ways to explore the place, personally speaking by foot is the best. The earlier you go the better. The place opens at 8:30 and closes at 4:30. The entry rates and the rates for different rides are very nominal. In a nutshell you will definitely enjoy the place.
* Zoo is pretty big and well maintained, good place to go with kids and spend a joyful day. * Get a pair of waking shoes, it's better to walk around and see the animals. * You can hire an electric vehicle, bycycle or board zoo train for a quick trip around zoo at a cheaper price. * White tiger, lion, Bengal tiger and cheetah were spectacular. * I suggest book your tickets online rather standing in crowded queues to buy tickets. * Very crowded on weekends. * They have a big open parking area, but on weekends it's very difficult to get a free parking slot, people generally wait for 30m to 1hr to get their car parked. No wallet parking available. You need to park your vehicle on your own. * Zoo Park closing time is 4:30pm, it's better to go there by around 10am and leave before 4:30pm. * On Monday and and on public holidays zoo is closed. * Very few snacks or food options are available inside zoo, so better bring your own snacks and water bottles.
Kids are going to love this place. Overall a well maintained zoo (except parking). I went here with my kid and he just loved it. He still talks about it. If you are planning to go here on a weekend then try to reach here before 10 otherwise you will have difficulty in parking your vehicle, also you will have much difficulty in getting the electric vehicle safari inside. Better to reach here by using MMTS / auto combination.