Salar Jung MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Salar Jung Road, Near Minar Function Hall, Hyderabad, Telangana 500002, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4024576443
- Ticket Price: 10 INR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, History Museum
Salar Jung Museum - Review
This museum houses one of the biggest one-man collections of antiques of the world by Mir Yousuf Ali Khan, Salar Jung III. The objects d’art include Persian carpets, Mughal miniatures, Chinese porcelain, Japanese lacquerware, famous statues including the Veiled Rebecca and Marguerite and Mephistopheles, a superb collection of jade, daggers belonging to Queen Noor Jahan and the Emperors Jahangir and Shah Jahan, Aurangzeb’s sword and many other fabulous items.
The huge and varied collection, dating back to the 1st century, was put together by Mir Yusaf Ali Khan (Salar Jung III), the grand vizier of the seventh Nizam, Osman Ali Khan (1910–49). The 14,000 exhibits from every corner of the world include sculptures, wood carvings, devotional objects, Mughal miniature paintings, illuminated manuscripts, weaponry, toys and textiles. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Hyderabad itinerary 2 days.
Salar Jung Museum Information
- Cameras are not allowed in the museum but if willing to carry.
- Audio guides are available.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited.
- Avoid Sundays as it is extremely crowded.
Salar Jung Museum Ticket Prices
- Photography has applied charges of INR 50.
- INR 10 per Adult for Indians.
- INR 5 per Child for Indians.
How To reach Salar Jung Museum by Public Transport
- You can board a bus to Afzalgunj.
- You can even hire an auto rickshaw.
- You can prefer to travel by a rented vehicle as well.
Restaurants Near Salar Jung Museum
- Museum Cafeteria
- Shadaam Hotel- Mutton Biryani and Lassi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hyderabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hyderabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Salar Jung Museum
95% of people who visit Hyderabad include Salar Jung Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
64.84% of people start their Salar Jung Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Salar Jung Museum
94.41% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Salar Jung Museum
Salar Jung Museum Map
Salar Jung Museum Trips
Salar Jung Museum, Hyderabad Reviews
Loved the collection and the variety. You get exposed to the Marvel's of the history which shows how capable we are as humans. The masterpieces are well kept with description properly mentioned. You might miss some parts of museum as it's huge, better keep looking at the map. I would suggest to go as early as possible (10AM opening) as it would take a whole day if you really want to gain knowledge rather than just clicking photos. Food course is inside the premises which is really good. You get variety and good quality food at good price (not very expensive, got egg fried rice for 90 and pineapple juice for 47). Entry ticket is 20 and for clicking photos even from phone, get another ticket for 50 (totally worth). Do study about the monoliths and the hand made clock(the best). Enjoy.
A must visit place for people visiting Hyderabad. The museum has ample parking space. Tickets are reasonably priced. The museum has a large number of exhibits and seeing all of them in one visit will be tiring. You can rent out devices which provide audio content about each of the rooms in the museum. Do carry you own headsets (3.5 mm jack) so that you can avoid using used headsets. New headsets can be purchased here. The quality of food at the food court is quite decent.
Large parking lot, well maintained, easy access. They have audio guide that you can rent and listen to describing the exhibits. Cameras/photos are allowed but you need to take a separate ticket for that. The exhibits are laid out in several rooms across the large building with 2 floors. There are elevators and ramps for easy access for the physically challenged. The exhibits themselves are interesting with a few noteworthy items not to be missed. The special exhibits are advertised with posters, so keep a lookout for them.
- Salar Jung Museum is an art museum. - One of the three national museums of India. - This museum is in Hyderabad. - It is one of the largest museums in the world. - Very unique and antique pieces are available in the museum. - There are 2 floors and 38 galleries are in this museum - If you are planning to visit then you can get a guide or Audio guide is also available at very minimal cost - To visit all galleries it will take 4-5 hours. - To visit main galleries it will take 2 hours - Photographs are allowed in the museum but you have to take ticket for that.
Three museum is very well-maintained. You will see how beautiful the building is and how clean it is from outside. The gardens outside the main building make the area look so beautiful. The museum shows all the coins from that period as well as the Swords of that time. It also has a area dedicated for the cars of that time. Totally visit this if you are in Hyderabad.