Sikhareswar Swamy Temple
- Address: Srisailam, Nallamalai Hills, Kurnool District, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad, India
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, View Point, Family And Kids
Located on top of the Nallamalai Hills, Sikhareswar Swamy Temple is dedicated to Lord Shikareswar- an avatar of Lord Shiva and is flocked by devotees all year round. Lord Shiva is worshipped by those who want to be liberated from the cycle of birth and death and is known as ‘Adiyogi’- the first of the Yogis who established the phenomena of meditation.
The temple welcomes you with an idol of a seated bull (Nandi) and often you will find devotees whisper their wishes in the idol’s ears. The main deity of Shiva consist of a Shiva-lingam that represents the force of life itself.
For others, the view from here is just a spiritual as the temple- with the gorgeous Krishna River basin and the surrounding forests offering a breath-taking scene! When you visit the temple, don’t forget to carry a camera to capture the view all around.
- Carry bottled drinking water and snacks.
- Do wear sturdy shoes for the hike.
- It is customary to remove your shoes outside the shrine.
- Do wear modest clothes when you visit the temple.
- By Bus: Srisailam Bus Stand (17 kilometers from the attraction)
- By renting a Car/Motorcycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hyderabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hyderabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.11% of people who visit Hyderabad include Sikhareswar Swamy Temple in their plan
50% of people start their Sikhareswar Swamy Temple visit around 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sikhareswar Swamy Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sikhareswar Swamy Temple