Spanish MosqueCurrently Open [Closes at 09:00 pm]
- Address: Sardar Patel Road, Indian Airlines Colony, Begumpet, Hyderabad, Telangana 500016, India
- Timings: 05:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Spanish Mosque - Review
Built in classic Spanish design and architecture by the Paigah family, Begumpet Mosque was completed in the early 20th century. The mosque takes its influences from the Cathedral Mosque of Cordoba (Spain) and the Jama Masjid (Karnataka) and combines it with beautiful Moorish art work.
What is unique about this place is that it even resembles a Church- combining the highlights of some of the best design layouts of many cultures and countries. Notice the octagonal domes, truncated 8-sided pyramids, minarets that are placed at the corners of the structure and the Moorish arches in the prayer hall. Everything comes full circle in the Begumpet Mosque- be it design, influences, religion or art. The Mosque can accommodate 3000 worshippers at one time!
The beautiful quotes from Quran that are showcased in calligraphy in the Prayer Hall fulfils the essence of the Mosque and is a piece of art in itself!
Spanish Mosque Information
- Do follow the traditional customs while visiting the place including covering your head with a scarf and wearing conservative clothes.
How To reach Spanish Mosque by Public Transport
- By Bus: Prakash Nagar South Bus Stop
- By Train: Sanjeevaiah Park Railway Station (2 kilometers away)
- By Auto rickshaw
- By Taxi
- By renting a motorcycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hyderabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hyderabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Spanish Mosque
0.6% of people who visit Hyderabad include Spanish Mosque in their plan
45% of people start their Spanish Mosque visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Spanish Mosque
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Spanish Mosque
Spanish Mosque Map
Spanish Mosque Trips
Spanish Mosque, Hyderabad Reviews
Beautiful serene atmosphere. Right opposite old airport road. Must visit for Fajr prayers once.
Beautiful, spacious, one of the best architectures. Spent my all life praying in this beautiful Masjid.
JAMA masjid on the main road & is a junction to Siddiamber bazar & Muktiyargunj
Alhamdulliah. Masjid is on roadside, will be helpful to namazi people pleasant nature.
Best Friday lecture in HYD city and very nice place
All QuestionsSpanish mosque
- Trafalgar Recording Studios
- Il Tetto Galleria D Arte Contemporanea SRL
- Villa Mario
- Pian Due Torri
- Tempio Di Fides
- Ever Film SRL - Roma
- B. G. Servizi Di Biosia Giuseppino
- Stadio Di Domiziano
- Cappella Musicale Pontificia
- Teatro Di Roma
- Li.Gi. SRL
- Stazione Di Serenissima
- Teatro Vascello
- Proc.Gen. Dell' Ordine Antoniano Di S. Ormisda Dei Caldei