Sri Ramakrishna MathCurrently Open [Closes at 07:30 pm]
- Address: Indira Park Road, Domalguda, Himayath Nagar, Hyderabad, India
- Timings: 08:00 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +9140-27633936
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Educational Site, Family And Kids
Established by Swami Vivekananda and embracing the teachings of Sri Ramakrishna, the Math redefines the traditional thinking of temples and offers a holistic place where people of all castes, creed, race and sex can come together to meditate, learn and pray.
Sri Ramakrishna believed that if anyone was dedicated and sincere in seeking God, one would find the ultimate truth. He followed all religions including Islam, Hinduism and Christianity and was inspired to preach the teachings of ‘all religion’. Today his teachings stay alive through the Math and with activities like Yoga, Meditation, Music, Personality Development and a variety of language classes taught here, a visit here is nothing short of inspiring!
The traditional architecture of the Math with the surrounding lush greenery is one of its many highlights and adds to the wholesome ambience. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Hyderabad itinerary 2 days.
- Most of the activities over here are free of cost.
- Office Hours: 8.30 am to 12.00 pm; 4.30 pm to 7.30 pm.
- Retail Book stall: 9.00 am to 8.00 pm.
- Vivekananda Institute of Languages (Spoken English, German, French, Sanskrit etc.): 8.00 am to 11.30 am; 4.00 pm to 6.30 pm.
- Vivekananda Institute of Human Excellence (Yoga, Meditation, Personality Development etc.): 8.30 am to 11.30 am; 4.30 pm to 7.30 pm.
- Vivekananda Health Center (Dispensary): 9.00 am to 11.30 am; 5.00 pm to 6.30 pm.
- Sri Ramakrishna Prabha (Telugu Monthly): 9.30 am to 5.30 pm.
- For other hours, visit the official website.
- By Bus: Ramakrishna Matt Indira Park
- By Train: Vidyanagar Railway Station (4 kilometers away)
- By Auto rickshaw
- By Taxi
- By renting a motorcycle
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hyderabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hyderabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
7.35% of people who visit Hyderabad include Sri Ramakrishna Math in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
37.5% of people start their Sri Ramakrishna Math visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sri Ramakrishna Math
94.14% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sri Ramakrishna Math
A very peaceful environment. Runs lots of spiritual courses. Has a great library and bookshop. The universal temple is perfect for meditation. Has park where one can site quietly and contemplate
You feel a Very Happy movement if you visit this place. Very pleasant atmosphere. At least weekly once please can visit.
Nice pristine ambience. Extremely low noise level. Everybody is in devotional mood and is talking hush ways if necessary.
Very ☮️ peaceful place I have ever visited....and I am learning a language here!.... disciplined area... but it's bit hard to reach with public transport....if you have your vehicle it's very easy to get there even though with a bit heavy traffic situations over there...the surrounding environment is kind of harsh.....you will have a library with good collection of old age books. Our cultural heritage's symbol you will go through with it!
Pin drop silence is maintained in the meditation hall. It's a meditator's paradise. They teach foreign languages like German, Japanese, English, and many others for extremely low prices. There's a lot of demand for these courses, so when they release a notification on their website, hurry up and take admission. The rules are strict but we must understand that they are for our own benefit. The have a book store filled with books on Vedanta and the math's founders. They have lots of other services and activities going on. Ramakrishna Math is an excellently managed institution. It's a must visit for a spiritual experience. The meditation hall is open from 6:00 AM - 12:00 PM, 4:30 PM - 7:30 PM