Sri Ramakrishna Math, Hyderabad
About Sri Ramakrishna Math, Hyderabad
Sri Ramakrishna Math, Hyderabad - Address, Phone Number
Address: Indira Park Road, Domalguda, Himayath Nagar, Hyderabad, India
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 07:30 pm Details
Added 329 times in trip plans
Religious Site, Educational Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Established by Swami Vivekananda and embracing the teachings of Sri Ramakrishna, the Math redefines the traditional thinking of temples and offers a holistic place where people of all castes, creed, race and sex can come together to meditate, learn and pray.
Sri Ramakrishna believed that if anyone was dedicated and sincere in seeking God, one would find the ultimate truth. He followed all religions including Islam, Hinduism and Christianity and was inspired to preach the teachings of ‘all religion’. Today his teachings stay alive through the Math and with activities like Yoga, Meditation, Music, Personality Development and a variety of language classes taught here, a visit here is nothing short of inspiring!
The traditional architecture of the Math with the surrounding lush greenery is one of its many highlights and adds to the wholesome ambience.
Sri Ramakrishna Math Ticket Prices
- Most of the activities over here are free of cost.
Sri Ramakrishna Math Opening and Closing Hours
- Office Hours: 8.30 am to 12.00 pm; 4.30 pm to 7.30 pm.
- Retail Book stall: 9.00 am to 8.00 pm.
- Vivekananda Institute of Languages (Spoken English, German, French, Sanskrit etc.): 8.00 am to 11.30 am; 4.00 pm to 6.30 pm.
- Vivekananda Institute of Human Excellence (Yoga, Meditation, Personality Development etc.): 8.30 am to 11.30 am; 4.30 pm to 7.30 pm.
- Vivekananda Health Center (Dispensary): 9.00 am to 11.30 am; 5.00 pm to 6.30 pm.
- Sri Ramakrishna Prabha (Telugu Monthly): 9.30 am to 5.30 pm.
- For other hours, visit the official website.
How To reach Sri Ramakrishna Math by Public Transport
- By Bus: Ramakrishna Matt Indira Park
- By Train: Vidyanagar Railway Station (4 kilometers away)
- By Auto rickshaw
- By Taxi
- By renting a motorcycle
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hyderabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hyderabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
Sri Ramakrishna Math, Hyderabad Reviews - Write a Review
Very serene, calm and beautiful place to spend some quality time. Has a good auditorium too. Good courses and best hospitality. Also, if you've finished your work, your can spend time at the famous Indira park which is just opposite this math.
A great peaceful place within city limit. Neat and clean and very well maintained. Somebody wants to get peace of mind, must visit this place regularly. I have gone to many Ramakrishna Maths, but have never seen such devoted and disciplined devotees. The way they take part in evening prayer and sing the parthana with the Maharaj, is commendable.
Very peaceful place. If u want to mediate peacefully just go there and mediate. Anyone can go and meditate. Environment friendly.
Not just a place for old people as few of reviewers wrote. It is for every one who wants know the indian spiritual stamina. Strictly kids who are less than 2 years are not allowed to meditation center. Should not miss book center in premises.
Nice place with beautiful green surroundings motivate to meditate and stay peaceful. Even you can enroll for various courses. Very well maintained.
- Nearby Attractions
- Microsoft Campus Building 3
- Shahi Dastarkhwan
- St. Mary's Church
- Paradise Takeaway
- Ram Ki Bandi
- Hyderabad International Convention Center
- Hotel Geetanjali
- Courtyard Hyderabad
- Hotel Sitara Grand
- Hyderabad Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Hyderabad
- What to See in 48 Hours in Hyderabad
- What to See in 72 Hours in Hyderabad
- How to Spend 5 Days in Hyderabad
- How to Spend 6 Days in Hyderabad
- How to Spend 7 Days in Hyderabad