St. Josephs CathedralCurrently Closed
- Address: 5-9-305, Gun Foundry, Basheer Bagh, Hyderabad 500001, Telangana, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4023234165
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
St. Josephs Cathedral - Review
St. Joseph’s Cathedral was built during 1869 by Fr. Antonio Tagliabue PIME and was declared a diocese in 1886 by Pope Leo XIII. The bell towers were completed in 1891 and the bells were added in the following year. The whole church is built in true Italian design and is embellished by timeless pieces of art.
The spectacular 6-foot granite wainscot, the stunning art work including the carved marble side altars and the marble statues of Mary and St Anthony, add to the beauty of the Cathedral. The European oil painting of Mother Mary and Jesus as a child, is an antique and was donated by one of the Nizams. The imitation of the famous sculpture ‘Pietà’ by Michelangelo and the vintage set of the Stations of the Cross, are something that takes the spotlight immediately and are another of the highlights of the place. Visit the church to see a part of Hyderabad’s most vivid iconic art pieces and to find a calm oasis in the city.
St. Josephs Cathedral Opening and Closing Hours
- Monday to Saturday: 6:00am & 6:00pm (English)
- Sunday: 6:30am and 8:00am
- Children's Catechism 8:00am (English); 9:15am (Telugu) 11:30am (English) & 6:00pm (English)
How To reach St. Josephs Cathedral by Public Transport
- By Bus: Nizam College Bus Stop
- By Train: Nampally Railway Station (1.5 kilometers away)
- By Auto rickshaw
- By Taxi
- By renting a motorcycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hyderabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hyderabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting St. Josephs Cathedral
0.9% of people who visit Hyderabad include St. Josephs Cathedral in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
83.33% of people start their St. Josephs Cathedral visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see St. Josephs Cathedral
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. Josephs Cathedral
St. Josephs Cathedral Map
St. Josephs Cathedral Trips
St. Josephs Cathedral, Hyderabad Reviews
The cathedral was so pleasant and nice.one can feel the divinity.Masses were conducted in regular intervals and hence we can go for any other mass incase we miss the one we wanted to go.
One of the oldest cathedrals. The church is beautiful. It gets a lot better in times like Christmas and Easter.
what time the church is open ? what time the pastors are available ? can we offer head tonsure first time for young baby ?
One of the historical places in Hyderabad. Architecture gives an early 18th century vintage feel.
Serene and beautiful church. You feel to be in the presence of the devine.
All QuestionsSt. josephs cathedral
- Murrayville United Methodist Church
- Double L Quarter Horses
- Murrayville Baptist Church
- Murrayville United Methodist Parsonage
- Sandy Creek Baptist Assoc
- Murrayville House Of Prayer
- Little Egypt Woodmen Camp
- Faith Church Of God
- St Paul's Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
- Calvary Southern Baptist Church
- West Frankfort Bowl
- Depot Veterans Memorial & Coal Miner's Memorial
- Third Baptist Church
- Harmony Freewill Baptist Church
- Strawberry Meadows