St. Josephs Cathedral7 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 5-9-305, Gun Foundry, Basheer Bagh, Hyderabad 500001, Telangana, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4023234165
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
St. Joseph’s Cathedral was built during 1869 by Fr. Antonio Tagliabue PIME and was declared a diocese in 1886 by Pope Leo XIII. The bell towers were completed in 1891 and the bells were added in the following year. The whole church is built in true Italian design and is embellished by timeless pieces of art.
The spectacular 6-foot granite wainscot, the stunning art work including the carved marble side altars and the marble statues of Mary and St Anthony, add to the beauty of the Cathedral. The European oil painting of Mother Mary and Jesus as a child, is an antique and was donated by one of the Nizams. The imitation of the famous sculpture ‘Pietà’ by Michelangelo and the vintage set of the Stations of the Cross, are something that takes the spotlight immediately and are another of the highlights of the place. Visit the church to see a part of Hyderabad’s most vivid iconic art pieces and to find a calm oasis in the city.
St. Josephs Cathedral Hours
- Monday to Saturday: 6:00am & 6:00pm (English)
- Sunday: 6:30am and 8:00am
- Children's Catechism 8:00am (English); 9:15am (Telugu) 11:30am (English) & 6:00pm (English)
How to Reach St. Josephs Cathedral
- By Bus: Nizam College Bus Stop
- By Train: Nampally Railway Station (1.5 kilometers away)
- By Auto rickshaw
- By Taxi
- By renting a motorcycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hyderabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hyderabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.17% of people who visit Hyderabad include St. Josephs Cathedral in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
57.14% of people start their St. Josephs Cathedral visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see St. Josephs Cathedral
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. Josephs Cathedral