Toli Masjid3 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 13-6-39, Golconda Rd, Kulsumpura, Karwan, Hyderabad, Telangana 500006, India Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Located close to the Golconda Fort, Toji Masjid is one of the rare historic building built by famous architect Qutb Shahi. The masjid is also known as ‘Damdi masjid’ since the architect was paid 1 Damdi (coin) for every rupee spent on building the masjid. The place was built by Mir Musa Khan Mahalda in 1671 and is one of the most elaborate structures in Hyderabad.
The arches with the two main minarets that lie on either side and stand as tall as 20 metres, only scratch the surface of the structure’s beauty. The front facet of the mosque consists of 5 arches and you are sure to find a lot of resemblances to a Lotus flower. You will notice that the upper half of the structure is more elaborately decorated than the lower half- reflecting beautiful elements like traditional Jaali work, intricate carvings and rounded patterns. Spend some time here to see another one of Hyderabad’s iconic sites and to witness just how the city weaves its rich past in its present.
Toli Masjid Travel Tips
- Do cover your head with a scarf and wear conservative clothes.
How to Reach Toli Masjid
- By Bus: At Karwan stop
- By Auto rickshaw
- By Taxi
- By renting a motorcycle
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hyderabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hyderabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Toli Masjid Address: 13-6-39, Golconda Rd, Kulsumpura, Karwan, Hyderabad, Telangana 500006, India
- Toli Masjid Timing: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Best time to visit Toli Masjid(preferred time): 10:30 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Toli Masjid: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.07% of people who visit Hyderabad include Toli Masjid in their plan
95% of people start their Toli Masjid visit around 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Toli Masjid
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Toli Masjid
People normally club together Osman Sagar and Karachi Bakery while planning their visit to Toli Masjid.