Ibiza Tourism, Spain
Visit Ibiza - Best of Ibiza
The official name for this place is Eivissa, but that’s going to be forgotten probably. There’s two major parts to it the Upper Town (Dalt Vila) and the Modern Town, called the Eixample. Hugely popular for it’s nightlife, Ibiza Town’s historical value and natural beauty usually only get mentioned in passing. That’s why most people don’t know that Ibiza Town is actually a World Heritage Site a rather unfortunate thing to miss out on when travelling to Ibiza.
The town was established by Phoenicians looking for a port in the area. These settlers named the place Ibossim, the god of music and dance. (see how destiny works out here?). It subsequently came under the rule of Carthage, and they the Romans. It’s from these times that Ibiza derives it’s rich archaeological heritage. Once the Romans fell, the Byzantines, the Moors, Christian crusaders in turn ruled Ibiza, until finally the Balearic Autonomous Community was established in the late 1970s.
Most of the Ibiza holiday activities revolve around beaches and exploring D’alt Vila, a hill with a castle on top of it. It should be easy enough for you to get around according to most Ibiza travel guides,English and German are the main spoken languages, not the native Catalan.
Ibiza Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Ibiza tips for your visit
- Ibiza Time Zone – Central European Time Zone (UTC+01:00)
- Currency – The currency used in Ibiza is Euro.
- Electricity – India uses 230 Volts, 50 Hz alternating current as the power source. Plugs and sockets have grounded / earthed 2 Pin connections (Type F) or ungrounded 2 pin connections (Type C).
- Internet – 3G, Wi-Fi connections are available in almost all the hotels in the city.
- Languages – Eivissenc is the native dialect of Catalan that is spoken in Ibiza. Other languages like German, English and Italian, are widely spoken.
- Security – Police –091, 092, 971 31 58 61, Ambulance – 061, Fire – 112, 971 31 30 30
- Tipping: Most of the Bars and Restaurants in Ibiza do not add a service charge to the bill so a tip is always warmly received and appreciated. A tip for good service should be at least 10% to 15% of the bill.
- Do conserve the environment and don’t pollute the majestic blue waters.
- Do not go into water of unknown depth and current.
- Do not go for a swim in the sea at night. You could potentially put your life in danger.
- Do not leave any articles such as phones, purses and wallets unattended.
- Pickpockets are often attracted to crowded places. Be aware of someone who bumps, shoves or gets too close.
- Remember to carry sunscreen to prevent sunburns.
- Keep yourself hydrated. The heat, sweat and alcohol often leads to dehydration and headaches.
- Urinating in public is banned and is considered as a criminal offence in Ibiza.
- Drinking in public places is strictly banned in Ibiza.
- Don’t go to Ibiza on a tight budget. It is an expensive destination and you will not be able to enjoy yourself otherwise.
Are you looking for a Ibiza travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Travel to Ibiza- Know before you go to Ibiza
Facts and Stats for Ibiza*
Pollution Statistics in Ibiza
Know the pollution level of Ibiza before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 25 (Low)
Water Pollution 50 (Moderate)
Noise and Light Pollution 50 (Moderate)
Unattended dirt and garbage 50 (Moderate)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 50 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 50 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 25 (Low)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 50 (Moderate)
Ibiza: Crime and Safety
How safe is Ibiza for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Ibiza.
Burglary and Theft 60 (High)
Mugging and Robbery 58.33 (Moderate)
Assault and Armed Robbery 50 (Moderate)
Corruption and Bribery 58.33 (Moderate)
Car Stealing 46.67 (Moderate)
Robbery of Car belongings 65 (High)
Attacks 46.67 (Moderate)
Drug offense 53.33 (Moderate)
Safety walking alone during daylight 78.33 (High)
Safety walking alone during night 43.33 (Moderate)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 41.67 (Moderate)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 21.67 (Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 58.33 (Moderate)
Living in Ibiza - Quality of Life
Safety Index 49.06 (Moderate)
Climate Index 96.53 (Very High)
Pollution Index 43.1 (Moderate)
Traffic Commute Time Index 20 (Very Low)
Property Price to Income Ratio 12.35 (High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Ibiza Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Ibiza
Ibiza Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Ibiza
Private Boat Cranchi 26 and Skipper Hire in Ibiza 1 Reviews
Duration: 8 Hrs
One of the most cost effective boats of our fleet, our Cranchi 26 has been completely refitted with no expense spared. The pe...Book Now
Private Catamaran Beach Hopping in Ibiza New on TripHobo
Duration: 8 Hrs
Private luxury sail catamaran along the best beaches in Ibiza. Lie down on the nets and feel that you are floating over the w...Book Now
Ibiza Private Speedboat with Personal Skipper and Drinks New on TripHobo
Duration: 8 Hrs
One of the most popular charter choices in Ibiza, the Tomahawk 37 has it all. An open cabin, a bathroom, rest area down below...Book Now
Save 11%CDLN Ibiza Boat Party with Open Bar, Beach Party and Ibiza Club Entry New on TripHobo
Duration: 5 Hrs
If you like boat parties in Ibiza, then look no further than game changer Cirque de la Nuit, the very first and last word whe...
- Calvia Tourism
- Palma De Mallorca Tourism
- Benidorm Tourism
- Alicante Tourism
- Minorca Tourism
- Murcia Tourism
- Cartagena Tourism
- Alcaniz Tourism
- Barcelona Tourism
- Madrid Tourism
- Seville Tourism
- Malaga Tourism
- Toledo Tourism
- Jerez Tourism
- Santiago De Compostela Tourism