A hill towers above Ibiza’s Old Town, and a massive castle rests atop that hill. This High Town of Ibiza was built to defend against pirates, and it took 31 years to complete. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the place is now an outdoor archaeological museum. With wide cobblestone roads and startling views off the ramparts, Dalt Vila is indeed a sight worth beholding. Inside the grounds you’ll find:
- The Cathedral Our Lady of the Snows beautiful panoramas from the top.
- San Domingo’s Church
- San Ciriaco’s Chapel
- The City Council See
- Iglesia de Sant Rafel
- The Archaeological Museum
- The Castle itself you can only view from the outside, as they are in the process of converting it into a hotel.
- The Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Puget Museum - an impressive Roman museum within Carthaginian burial grounds.
- Necropolis del Puig des Molins located just outside D’Alt Vila, and an extension of the Archaeological Museum. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Ibiza itinerary 5 days.
Dalt Vila Travel Tips
- The Portal Nou behind the Plaza del Parque.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Getting up to the cathedral is a heavy uphill walk.
- Grab a drink at one of the bars on the way up.
Entrance Ticket Details For Dalt Vila
- Entry is free.
- Entry to some attractions will be paid.
Dalt Vila Hours
- Some individual attractions will have separate timings. Ask locally for details.
How to Reach Dalt Vila
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi/scooter.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ibiza before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ibiza and book an accommodation of your choice.
77.61% of people who visit Ibiza include Dalt Vila in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
43.49% of people start their Dalt Vila visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Dalt Vila
92.34% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dalt Vila