Dalt Vila, Ibiza
About Dalt Vila, Ibiza
Dalt Vila, Ibiza - Address
Address: Ibiza, 07800 Ibiza Town, Ibiza, Spain
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 26.7K times in trip plans
Church, Museum, Walking Area, Castle, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A hill towers above Ibiza’s Old Town, and a massive castle rests atop that hill. This High Town of Ibiza was built to defend against pirates, and it took 31 years to complete. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the place is now an outdoor archaeological museum. With wide cobblestone roads and startling views off the ramparts, Dalt Vila is indeed a sight worth beholding. Inside the grounds you’ll find:
- The Cathedral Our Lady of the Snows beautiful panoramas from the top.
- San Domingo’s Church
- San Ciriaco’s Chapel
- The City Council See
- Iglesia de Sant Rafel
- The Archaeological Museum
- The Castle itself you can only view from the outside, as they are in the process of converting it into a hotel.
- The Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Puget Museum - an impressive Roman museum within Carthaginian burial grounds.
- Necropolis del Puig des Molins located just outside D’Alt Vila, and an extension of the Archaeological Museum.
Dalt Vila Information
- The Portal Nou behind the Plaza del Parque.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Getting up to the cathedral is a heavy uphill walk.
- Grab a drink at one of the bars on the way up.
Dalt Vila Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
- Entry to some attractions will be paid.
Dalt Vila Opening and Closing Hours
- Some individual attractions will have separate timings. Ask locally for details.
How To reach Dalt Vila by Public Transport
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi/scooter.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ibiza before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ibiza and book an accommodation of your choice.
Dalt Vila, Ibiza Reviews - Write a Review
Great Italian food, in the main square in Ibiza town and next to the old castle wall. Reasonable prices too. Service was very good and friendly, especially the main waitress (possibly the owner?).
Beautiful place! Absolutely stunning
Beautiful old architecture, steep walk so wear comfortable shoes when walking up. Lovely day exploring all the streets.
My friend's paella was dry and not good. Service was all over the place.
Mood is very nice. Worthy to been there
- Nearby Attractions
- Pacha Ibiza
- Punta Arabi Wednesday Hippy Market
- Sa Trinxa
- Punta Galera
- Ibiza - Formentera
- Cala Talamanca
- Ibiza Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Ibiza
- What to See in 48 Hours in Ibiza
- What to See in 72 Hours in Ibiza
- How to Spend 5 Days in Ibiza
- How to Spend 6 Days in Ibiza
- How to Spend 7 Days in Ibiza