A hill towers above Ibiza’s Old Town, and a massive castle rests atop that hill. This High Town of Ibiza was built to defend against pirates, and it took 31 years to complete. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the place is now an outdoor archaeological museum. With wide cobblestone roads and startling views off the ramparts, Dalt Vila is indeed a sight worth beholding. Inside the grounds you’ll find:
- The Cathedral Our Lady of the Snows beautiful panoramas from the top.
- San Domingo’s Church
- San Ciriaco’s Chapel
- The City Council See
- Iglesia de Sant Rafel
- The Archaeological Museum
- The Castle itself you can only view from the outside, as they are in the process of converting it into a hotel.
- The Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Puget Museum - an impressive Roman museum within Carthaginian burial grounds.
- Necropolis del Puig des Molins located just outside D’Alt Vila, and an extension of the Archaeological Museum. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Ibiza itinerary 5 days.
- The Portal Nou behind the Plaza del Parque.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Getting up to the cathedral is a heavy uphill walk.
- Grab a drink at one of the bars on the way up.
- Entry is free.
- Entry to some attractions will be paid.
- Some individual attractions will have separate timings. Ask locally for details.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi/scooter.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ibiza before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ibiza and book an accommodation of your choice.
83.97% of people who visit Ibiza include Dalt Vila in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
43.49% of people start their Dalt Vila visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Dalt Vila
92.34% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dalt Vila
Amazing experience!! Food was incredibly delicious, the service was very warm and friendly. It’s a family restaurant and it shows, in a very good way. We arrived towards closing time and were never rushed and still attended to well. By far the best dining experience in Ibiza during our stay!
Historic and charming streets, restaurants, people. I love it all! :-)
Huge castle and no entrance fee. Shops and restaurants inside. A lot to see and also amazing views!
Historic place with lots of great spots for photography.
Fantastic food and staff. Endive with goats cheese was beyond heavenly.