Solvangur Icelandic Horse Center5 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Sólvangur, 801 Selfoss, Iceland, Eyrarbakki
- Phone: +354-8927159
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids
The Solvangur Icelandic Horse Center offers you an interactive encounter with beautiful Icelandic Horses whether you are a professional rider, a beginner or simply want to learn about the horses and their habitats. The beautiful creatures are well trained and for visitors who don’t know what to expect at the centre, taking a ride on one of the horse and learning how to groom them, is a good start. The stable visits include a guided tour and get you familiar with the history, training techniques and their breeding along with the special traits of these horse. Visitors are free to pet the horses and at times, you can also come across sheep, cats and dogs at the stable who have befriended the horses and now are a part of the centre.
The place does offer accommodation if you plan on staying here for a prolonged riding lesson and the on-ground stable café is where you can catch a quick bite and even shop for clothes, art pieces and handicrafts that incorporate horses into their design. If you have time, try the home-baked cakes, freshly baked waffles and delicious meals served here with wine and beer. A walk around before you leave the centre is recommended especially if you love the countryside.
Solvangur Icelandic Horse Center Travel Tips
- Additional contact no. : +354 8997792
Entrance Ticket Details For Solvangur Icelandic Horse Center
- Price for adults: IK 1.800
- Price for children up to 15 years old: IK 1.000
- Children rides: Price for a 20 minute - grooming and riding: IK 3.500
Riding lessons with a horse and gear inclusive:
- Riding lessons (40 min) – inside or outside: Private lessons: IK 10.500
- Riding lessons (50 min) – inside or outside: Private lessons: IK 12.000
Riding lessons with a private horse and own gear:
- Riding lessons (40 min) – inside or outside: Private lessons: IK 6.500
- Riding lessons (50 min) – inside or outside: Private lesson: IK 7.500
Solvangur Icelandic Horse Center Hours
General Hours: Riding lessons and stable visits: booking required
Stable Café and Gift shop:
- Winter months: visits on demand. Please contact the place for more information.
- Summer Months: Every day 11.00 am – 5.00 pm
How to Reach Solvangur Icelandic Horse Center
- By Walking
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Eyrarbakki before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Eyrarbakki and book an accommodation of your choice.