Bomunsa TempleCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: 44, Samsannam-ro 828beon-gil, Samsan-myeon, Ganghwa-gun, Incheon, South Korea
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +82-329338271
- Ticket Price: 2000 KRW
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Cave, Island, View Point, Family And Kids
Bomunsa Temple - Review
Located at Seokmodo Island, Bomunsa Temple was built by the Great Buddhist priest, Hoejong Daesa. While entering the temple, you will see a 600 year old Chinese juniper tree. Behind the tree, a small Buddhist temple is there within a cave. Though the entrance might seem to be small, the room inside the temple is quite huge. At the backside of the temple, you will see other attractions like a 10 m high Ma-aeseokbuljwasang and the Nunseop Rock. Beside this, you get a beautiful view of the West Sea from the temple. People say, Seokmodo island is famous for the sunset and the seashore.
Bomunsa Temple Information
- Free admission for member of Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism.
- Free admission for Seniors (age 65 and above).
- Free admission for children not yet admitted to school , men of national merit, wounded veteran and one guardians, persons of disability (levels 1-3).
- For the free admission facility, you need to bring your proper ID.
- 100 parking space are available out there.
Bomunsa Temple Ticket Prices
- For adults - 2,000 won (individuals), For adults – 1,600 won (group of 30 or more).
- For youth – 1,500 won (individuals), 1,200 won (group of 30 or more).
- For children – 1,000 won (individuals), 800 won (group of 30 or more).
How To reach Bomunsa Temple by Public Transport
- Buses from Songjeong station (Seoul Subway line 5) to Ganghwa (#3000) – 2 hours ride: First bus – 5:40 am and last bus – 5:30 pm (1 hour interval on weekdays, 30 minutes interval on holidays)
- Ganghwa Bus Terminal to Seokpori Dock: Take city bus bound for Oepo-ri and get off at Oepo-ri Dock. From there, 10 minutes distance away from Seokpori Dock
- Seokpori Dock to Bamunsa Temple: First bus – 7:15 am, last bus – 6:30 pm (1 hour interval on weekdays, 30 minutes interval on weekend)
Restaurants Near Bomunsa Temple
- Bomun Sikdang
- Baeksong Sikdang
- Hae-am Sikdang
- Seohaean Hoe Town
- Todam Maeul
- Seokmodo Hoe Center
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Incheon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Incheon and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Bomunsa Temple
80.26% of people who visit Incheon include Bomunsa Temple in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
40.68% of people start their Bomunsa Temple visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Bomunsa Temple
63.43% of people prefer to travel by train while visiting Bomunsa Temple
Bomunsa Temple Map
Bomunsa Temple Trips
2 Views14 Days 13 Nights14 Day Trip to Seoul, Busan, Incheon, Jeju-si from CasulaBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Jeju-si, Busan, Incheon, Seoul
Bomunsa Temple, Incheon Reviews
I visited here sometime ago, after the hiking in this island. It was very cute and nice place to look around. 3.5 is my rating.
I love this place...
Wow very goods
기대가 너무 커서 실망감이 있었지만 분명 가볼만한 절이다 대웅전 벽에 그려진 벽화, 가슴뛸정도로 기대한 나의불찰. 해인사,동학사와 비교할순없지 나를 타일렀다.상단부에만 벽화가 그려져있다.중하단부는 비어있다 소원성취 길을 오르며 산정상에서 바라본 석모도가 아름다웠다. 꼭 정상까지 오르기를 또한 초를 산곳에서 적고 싶은 글을 미리 적어 오르기를 정상에 펜은없다 라이터도 이왕이면 챙겨가도록~향초는 구매하지마라하고싶다 향이 좋지않다 봉선사향초가 가격이 월등히비쌌는데 보문사향초가 싸서 잽싸게 샀는데 켜보니 맑은 기분을 망칠정도의 향이 난다 향초매니아인 내게 이런일이 생기다니 다른분들은 실패하지마시기를
낙가산보문사 절로 가는 양측의 석축을 보면 대단히 공을 들여서 쌓았다. 어느 장인의 손길이 닿았는지 대단히 궁금하다. 진입로가 대단히 가파르다. 마애불상있는 곳은 계단이 더가파르다. 그래도 올라가면 잘 왔다 싶은 생각이 든다.