Bomunsa TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: 44, Samsannam-ro 828beon-gil, Samsan-myeon, Ganghwa-gun, Incheon, South Korea
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +82-329338271
- Ticket Price: 2000 KRW
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Cave, Island, View Point, Family And Kids
About Bomunsa Temple, Incheon
Located at Seokmodo Island, Bomunsa Temple was built by the Great Buddhist priest, Hoejong Daesa. While entering the temple, you will see a 600 year old Chinese juniper tree. Behind the tree, a small Buddhist temple is there within a cave. Though the entrance might seem to be small, the room inside the temple is quite huge. At the backside of the temple, you will see other attractions like a 10 m high Ma-aeseokbuljwasang and the Nunseop Rock. Beside this, you get a beautiful view of the West Sea from the temple. People say, Seokmodo island is famous for the sunset and the seashore.
Bomunsa Temple Information
- Free admission for member of Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism.
- Free admission for Seniors (age 65 and above).
- Free admission for children not yet admitted to school , men of national merit, wounded veteran and one guardians, persons of disability (levels 1-3).
- For the free admission facility, you need to bring your proper ID.
- 100 parking space are available out there.
Bomunsa Temple Ticket Prices
- For adults - 2,000 won (individuals), For adults – 1,600 won (group of 30 or more).
- For youth – 1,500 won (individuals), 1,200 won (group of 30 or more).
- For children – 1,000 won (individuals), 800 won (group of 30 or more).
How To reach Bomunsa Temple by Public Transport
- Buses from Songjeong station (Seoul Subway line 5) to Ganghwa (#3000) – 2 hours ride: First bus – 5:40 am and last bus – 5:30 pm (1 hour interval on weekdays, 30 minutes interval on holidays)
- Ganghwa Bus Terminal to Seokpori Dock: Take city bus bound for Oepo-ri and get off at Oepo-ri Dock. From there, 10 minutes distance away from Seokpori Dock
- Seokpori Dock to Bamunsa Temple: First bus – 7:15 am, last bus – 6:30 pm (1 hour interval on weekdays, 30 minutes interval on weekend)
Restaurants Near Bomunsa Temple
- Bomun Sikdang
- Baeksong Sikdang
- Hae-am Sikdang
- Seohaean Hoe Town
- Todam Maeul
- Seokmodo Hoe Center
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Incheon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Incheon and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Bomunsa Temple
67.96% of people who visit Incheon include Bomunsa Temple in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
40.68% of people start their Bomunsa Temple visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Bomunsa Temple
63.43% of people prefer to travel by train while visiting Bomunsa Temple
Bomunsa Temple Map
Bomunsa Temple Trips
Bomunsa Temple, Incheon Reviews
I love this place...
낙가산보문사 절로 가는 양측의 석축을 보면 대단히 공을 들여서 쌓았다. 어느 장인의 손길이 닿았는지 대단히 궁금하다. 진입로가 대단히 가파르다. 마애불상있는 곳은 계단이 더가파르다. 그래도 올라가면 잘 왔다 싶은 생각이 든다.
올라가기도 가까워서 어린이들도 다닐수 있고 노약자 분들도 차로 이동가능하니 다니기 좋을듯 하다.5분이면 대웅전까지....15분이면...서해 바다를 모두 볼수 있는 멋진 경치를 볼수 있다.일몰때 맞쳐오면 더 큰 감동을 느낄수 있을듯 하다.특히...밑에 식당가가 있어 주차도 편하고 밥먹기도 좋을듯하다.
아주 불친절한 곳..환자라 셔틀 차량을 이용하려 했더니 온갖 말로 거절..부처님 자비도 돈만 아는거같음..부처님의 돌보심이 이 정도면 보문사는 종쳤넹
All QuestionsBomunsa temple
- Jenners Park
- United Methodist Church
- First Presbyterian Church
- St Josaphat Convent
- Parsonage First Baptist
- Loup City Lanes
- Loup City Municipal Airport
- Sherman Reservoir State Recreation Area
- Immanuel Lutheran Church
- First Baptist Church
- Sherman County Fair Grounds
- J J's Repair
- St Josaphat's Church
- Michael W Jarzynka
- Loup City Recreation Area