Bomunsa Temple, Incheon
Bomunsa Temple - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: 44, Samsannam-ro 828beon-gil, Samsan-myeon, Ganghwa-gun, Incheon, South Korea
Ticket Price: 2000 KRW
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
Added 3.5K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Temple, Cave, Island, View Point, Family And Kids
This best trip planner organizer is absolutely free!
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Need more info?
About Bomunsa Temple, Incheon
Located at Seokmodo Island, Bomunsa Temple was built by the Great Buddhist priest, Hoejong Daesa. While entering the temple, you will see a 600 year old Chinese juniper tree. Behind the tree, a small Buddhist temple is there within a cave. Though the entrance might seem to be small, the room inside the temple is quite huge. At the backside of the temple, you will see other attractions like a 10 m high Ma-aeseokbuljwasang and the Nunseop Rock. Beside this, you get a beautiful view of the West Sea from the temple. People say, Seokmodo island is famous for the sunset and the seashore.
Bomunsa Temple Information
- Free admission for member of Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism.
- Free admission for Seniors (age 65 and above).
- Free admission for children not yet admitted to school , men of national merit, wounded veteran and one guardians, persons of disability (levels 1-3).
- For the free admission facility, you need to bring your proper ID.
- 100 parking space are available out there.
Bomunsa Temple Ticket Prices
- For adults - 2,000 won (individuals), For adults – 1,600 won (group of 30 or more).
- For youth – 1,500 won (individuals), 1,200 won (group of 30 or more).
- For children – 1,000 won (individuals), 800 won (group of 30 or more).
How To reach Bomunsa Temple by Public Transport
- Buses from Songjeong station (Seoul Subway line 5) to Ganghwa (#3000) – 2 hours ride: First bus – 5:40 am and last bus – 5:30 pm (1 hour interval on weekdays, 30 minutes interval on holidays)
- Ganghwa Bus Terminal to Seokpori Dock: Take city bus bound for Oepo-ri and get off at Oepo-ri Dock. From there, 10 minutes distance away from Seokpori Dock
- Seokpori Dock to Bamunsa Temple: First bus – 7:15 am, last bus – 6:30 pm (1 hour interval on weekdays, 30 minutes interval on weekend)
Restaurants Near Bomunsa Temple
- Bomun Sikdang
- Baeksong Sikdang
- Hae-am Sikdang
- Seohaean Hoe Town
- Todam Maeul
- Seokmodo Hoe Center
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Incheon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Incheon and book an accommodation of your choice.
Bomunsa Temple, Incheon Reviews
석모대교 개통으로 재미가 반이상 줄어든 그런곳. 여전이 정상에서 바라보는 바다는 절경이다. 그치만, 입구의 상인들과 풍경은 한국의 그런곳.
주말에 서울 근교에서 바다를 보며 경치를 감상 하는 곳 중에 상당히 아름다운 곳 입니다 석모도가 개통이 됨으로써이 아름다운 곳을 쉽게 갈 수 있어서 너무 좋습니다
상업적인 절... 전부 돈임.. 절에서 별의별걸 다팔고 때돈벌듯... 세금은 내시나?
이곳은 정말 좋았어요 조금 늦게 들어갔지만 정상에올라 바라본 바다가 너무 좋았어요
남해보리암 이후 정말 까마득히 높이올라갔네요~ 멋져요 와보길잘했다 생각듬