Bomunsa TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: 44, Samsannam-ro 828beon-gil, Samsan-myeon, Ganghwa-gun, Incheon, South Korea
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +82-329338271
- Ticket Price: 2000 KRW
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Cave, Island, View Point, Family And Kids
Bomunsa Temple - Review
Located at Seokmodo Island, Bomunsa Temple was built by the Great Buddhist priest, Hoejong Daesa. While entering the temple, you will see a 600 year old Chinese juniper tree. Behind the tree, a small Buddhist temple is there within a cave. Though the entrance might seem to be small, the room inside the temple is quite huge. At the backside of the temple, you will see other attractions like a 10 m high Ma-aeseokbuljwasang and the Nunseop Rock. Beside this, you get a beautiful view of the West Sea from the temple. People say, Seokmodo island is famous for the sunset and the seashore.
Bomunsa Temple Information
- Free admission for member of Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism.
- Free admission for Seniors (age 65 and above).
- Free admission for children not yet admitted to school , men of national merit, wounded veteran and one guardians, persons of disability (levels 1-3).
- For the free admission facility, you need to bring your proper ID.
- 100 parking space are available out there.
Bomunsa Temple Ticket Prices
- For adults - 2,000 won (individuals), For adults – 1,600 won (group of 30 or more).
- For youth – 1,500 won (individuals), 1,200 won (group of 30 or more).
- For children – 1,000 won (individuals), 800 won (group of 30 or more).
How To reach Bomunsa Temple by Public Transport
- Buses from Songjeong station (Seoul Subway line 5) to Ganghwa (#3000) – 2 hours ride: First bus – 5:40 am and last bus – 5:30 pm (1 hour interval on weekdays, 30 minutes interval on holidays)
- Ganghwa Bus Terminal to Seokpori Dock: Take city bus bound for Oepo-ri and get off at Oepo-ri Dock. From there, 10 minutes distance away from Seokpori Dock
- Seokpori Dock to Bamunsa Temple: First bus – 7:15 am, last bus – 6:30 pm (1 hour interval on weekdays, 30 minutes interval on weekend)
Restaurants Near Bomunsa Temple
- Bomun Sikdang
- Baeksong Sikdang
- Hae-am Sikdang
- Seohaean Hoe Town
- Todam Maeul
- Seokmodo Hoe Center
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Incheon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Incheon and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Bomunsa Temple
40% of people who visit Incheon include Bomunsa Temple in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
68.75% of people start their Bomunsa Temple visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Bomunsa Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bomunsa Temple
Bomunsa Temple Trips
2 Views14 Days 13 Nights14 Day Trip to Seoul, Busan, Incheon, Jeju-si from CasulaBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Jeju-si, Busan, Incheon, Seoul
Bomunsa Temple, Incheon Reviews
I visited here sometime ago, after the hiking in this island. It was very cute and nice place to look around. 3.5 is my rating.
I love this place...
Wow very goods
절에 가시는분은 상가 입구 주차장이 아닌 사찰 주차장이 일주문 앞에 별도로 있네요.. 상가 주차장은 상가 사람이 주차비 받습니다. 마치 차가 못 올라가는 것처럼 통제 꼬갈로 막은듯 보여 상가 주차장으로 주차를 유도하는 상술로 상가초입 주차장 (시내버스 관광버스 서있는 주차장) 주차비 2.000원 을 받습니다. 식당 이용하는 사람만 이용하면 될듯 합니다. 상가 주차장에 속지 마시고 절 쪽 언덕으로 100~150미터만 올라가면 좌측에 사찰전용 주차장이 있습니다.
낙가산보문사 절로 가는 양측의 석축을 보면 대단히 공을 들여서 쌓았다. 어느 장인의 손길이 닿았는지 매우 정교하고 석축만으로도 볼거리라고 생각된다. 그리고 절로 오르는 진입로는 대단히 가파르다. 그 유명한 보문사의 마애불상있는 곳까지는 계단이 더 가파르다. 그래도 올라가보면 참 잘 올라왔다는 생각이 든다.