Jeondeungsa Temple, Incheon
Jeondeungsa Temple, Incheon - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 635 Onsu-ri, Gilsang-myeon, Ganghwa-gun, Incheon, South Korea
Ticket Price: 3000 KRW
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 6.2K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Temple, Leisure, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Jeondeungsa Temple, Incheon
Originally this temple was known as Jinjongsa during Goryeo dynasty. It is located in Samrangseong fortress. It was build in order to protect the land from the foreign invaders. As you pass through the entrance gate of the temple, you are going to be in awe of the architectural artwork, done in the main building Daeungbojeon. Inside Daeungbojeon, the canopy above the Buddha statue displays magnificent craftsmanship. On the walls and the columns of this buildings has names of the soldiers written on it. These were those soldiers who worked against French Navy, to protect Jeondeungsa. According to the craftwork showcased around the temple, many people assume that the temple might be having the oldest history of Korea.
Inside the temple, temple stay programs are held in weekend. The program includes learning temple etiquette, performing zen meditation, interacting with a monk and doing chores together. Their program is somewhat scheduled in the following way:-
Life Experience-type Temple Stay –
- Day1 – Temple etiquette and Baru Gongyang (formal monastic meal), Yebul (Buddhist service), Chamseon (zen meditation).
- Day2 – Yebul, Chamseon, 108 prostrations, Wullyeok (working together, making joint efforts), Pohaeng (walking slowly in meditation), Dialogues with monks over a cup of tea.
Relaxation – type Temple Stay –
- Yebul, Baru Gongyang, Dialogues with monks over a cup of tea.
Jeondeungsa Temple Information
- 50 parking space available.
- Restrooms available.
- Restrooms and wheelchair ramp available for handicapped.
- Children (elementary school students ) must be accompanied by their guardians or parents.
- Participants of Temple stay program should bring toiletries ( like towel and toothbrush).
- Other toiletries like shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste are provided.
- Bring warm clothes and sneakers.
- Indecent clothes and slippers are strictly prohibited.
- Uniforms are provided.
- Bring water bottle, umbrella and backpack.
- Large suitcase are prohibited.
- Programs can be changed to Relaxation-type Temple Stay if there are 5 or less participants.
- No refund for cancellations on the day of program.
- Online pre-payment is preferred for Temple stay program. Otherwise, carry cash for on-spot payment.
- No credit card facility is available.
- There are no ATM.
- If any participants want to have a response program during weekend, they can share room with other participants in a large room.
Jeondeungsa Temple Ticket Prices
Admission fee –
- Adult - 3000 won
- Youth (middle and high school) – 2000 won (individuals), 1500 won (group)
- Children (elementary school) - 1000 won (individuals), 800 won (group)
- Adults (ages 19 and older ) – 2500 won(group)
For Life Experience-type Temple Stay –
- Adults – 60,000 won; Students (elementary/ middle/ High school) – 40,000won
For Relaxation-type Temple stay (2days, 1 night)
- Adult – 40,000won (additional 1 night) ; Adults – 30,000 won; Students (elementary/ middle/ High school) – 20,000 won
In Temple Stay Program, private rooms like Weol Song Yo – Ae-eo (for 1-3 person can stay); -I-haeng (for 1-3 person can stay); Dong-sa (1-5 person can stay); Bang-pyeon (1-5 person can stay)
- Adult – 70,000 won & 40,000 won (in case of additional night) ; student - 50,000 won & 40,000won (in case of additional night)
Private rooms – Kang Seol Dang – Beop-hwa (for 1- 3 persons) , Kum-gang (1-3 persons) –
- Adults – 60,000 won & 30,000 won (for additional night) ; Student – 40,000 won & 20,000 won (for additional night)
Stay price for large room – Weol Song Yo , Dae-bang (1-14 persons) –
- Adults - 50,000 won & 30,000 won (for additional night) ; student – 30,000 won & 20,000 won (for additional night)
Accommodation for additional participants in Weol Song Yo, costs –
- Adult – 70,000 won , students – 50,000 won
Accommodation for additional participants in Kang Seol Dang, costs –
- Adult – 60,000 won, students – 40,000 won
Accommodation for additional participants in Weol Song Yo (large rooms) costs –
- Adult – 50,000 won, student – 30,000 won
Parking fees –
- Small cars – 2000 won; Large –sized cars – 4000 won
Jeondeungsa Temple Opening and Closing Hours
- Confirmed participants for Temple Stay program should arrive at the temple at 1:00 pm.
- Participants for the Relaxation- type Temple Stay, should reach by - 4:00 pm.
- Can have Gongyang lunch at the backyard, if you reach before - 12:00 pm.
How To reach Jeondeungsa Temple by Public Transport
- Near bus stop – Jeondeungsa Temple Rare Gate bus stop.
- Take bus no. – 3100 from Sinchon station ((Seoul Subway Line 2 ), exit 4, and get off at Jeondeungsa Temple Rare Gate bus stop.
Restaurants Near Jeondeungsa Temple
- Mexican Chicken Gilsang
- Seohaen Hoejip
- Old Days Hand Jjajang
- Yakon Naengmyeonjip
- Chammu C&C Self barbeque
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Incheon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Incheon and book an accommodation of your choice.
Jeondeungsa Temple, Incheon Reviews
Very peaceful place. I visited this place when i was in Korea
고즈넉한 곳. 그러면서도 역사적 가치가 있는 곳. 성인 입장료는 3000원. 고지되지 않았지만 주차비 2000원. 절 안은 크지 않지만 다양한 보물을 볼 수 있음.
1. 한적하고 고즈넉한 분위가 2. 사찰의 규모는 그리 크지 않은 편 3. 템플스테이가 있어 한 번 체험해보고 싶은 곳
اگر تصاویر پاناروما بصورت افقی به نمایش گذاشته میشد دیدن عکس ها لذت بخش میشد.
만추의 고즈넉함이 마음을 여유롭게 하는 전등사...서울서 가깝고 힐링하기에 좋은장소