Jeondeungsa TempleCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: 635 Onsu-ri, Gilsang-myeon, Ganghwa-gun, Incheon, South Korea
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +82-329370125
- Ticket Price: 3000 KRW
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Leisure, Family And Kids, Architecture
Jeondeungsa Temple - Review
Originally this temple was known as Jinjongsa during Goryeo dynasty. It is located in Samrangseong fortress. It was build in order to protect the land from the foreign invaders. As you pass through the entrance gate of the temple, you are going to be in awe of the architectural artwork, done in the main building Daeungbojeon. Inside Daeungbojeon, the canopy above the Buddha statue displays magnificent craftsmanship. On the walls and the columns of this buildings has names of the soldiers written on it. These were those soldiers who worked against French Navy, to protect Jeondeungsa. According to the craftwork showcased around the temple, many people assume that the temple might be having the oldest history of Korea.
Inside the temple, temple stay programs are held in weekend. The program includes learning temple etiquette, performing zen meditation, interacting with a monk and doing chores together. Their program is somewhat scheduled in the following way:-
Life Experience-type Temple Stay –
- Day1 – Temple etiquette and Baru Gongyang (formal monastic meal), Yebul (Buddhist service), Chamseon (zen meditation).
- Day2 – Yebul, Chamseon, 108 prostrations, Wullyeok (working together, making joint efforts), Pohaeng (walking slowly in meditation), Dialogues with monks over a cup of tea.
Relaxation – type Temple Stay –
- Yebul, Baru Gongyang, Dialogues with monks over a cup of tea.
Jeondeungsa Temple Information
- 50 parking space available.
- Restrooms available.
- Restrooms and wheelchair ramp available for handicapped.
- Children (elementary school students ) must be accompanied by their guardians or parents.
- Participants of Temple stay program should bring toiletries ( like towel and toothbrush).
- Other toiletries like shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste are provided.
- Bring warm clothes and sneakers.
- Indecent clothes and slippers are strictly prohibited.
- Uniforms are provided.
- Bring water bottle, umbrella and backpack.
- Large suitcase are prohibited.
- Programs can be changed to Relaxation-type Temple Stay if there are 5 or less participants.
- No refund for cancellations on the day of program.
- Online pre-payment is preferred for Temple stay program. Otherwise, carry cash for on-spot payment.
- No credit card facility is available.
- There are no ATM.
- If any participants want to have a response program during weekend, they can share room with other participants in a large room.
Jeondeungsa Temple Ticket Prices
Admission fee –
- Adult - 3000 won
- Youth (middle and high school) – 2000 won (individuals), 1500 won (group)
- Children (elementary school) - 1000 won (individuals), 800 won (group)
- Adults (ages 19 and older ) – 2500 won(group)
For Life Experience-type Temple Stay –
- Adults – 60,000 won; Students (elementary/ middle/ High school) – 40,000won
For Relaxation-type Temple stay (2days, 1 night)
- Adult – 40,000won (additional 1 night) ; Adults – 30,000 won; Students (elementary/ middle/ High school) – 20,000 won
In Temple Stay Program, private rooms like Weol Song Yo – Ae-eo (for 1-3 person can stay); -I-haeng (for 1-3 person can stay); Dong-sa (1-5 person can stay); Bang-pyeon (1-5 person can stay)
- Adult – 70,000 won & 40,000 won (in case of additional night) ; student - 50,000 won & 40,000won (in case of additional night)
Private rooms – Kang Seol Dang – Beop-hwa (for 1- 3 persons) , Kum-gang (1-3 persons) –
- Adults – 60,000 won & 30,000 won (for additional night) ; Student – 40,000 won & 20,000 won (for additional night)
Stay price for large room – Weol Song Yo , Dae-bang (1-14 persons) –
- Adults - 50,000 won & 30,000 won (for additional night) ; student – 30,000 won & 20,000 won (for additional night)
Accommodation for additional participants in Weol Song Yo, costs –
- Adult – 70,000 won , students – 50,000 won
Accommodation for additional participants in Kang Seol Dang, costs –
- Adult – 60,000 won, students – 40,000 won
Accommodation for additional participants in Weol Song Yo (large rooms) costs –
- Adult – 50,000 won, student – 30,000 won
Parking fees –
- Small cars – 2000 won; Large –sized cars – 4000 won
Jeondeungsa Temple Hours
- Confirmed participants for Temple Stay program should arrive at the temple at 1:00 pm.
- Participants for the Relaxation- type Temple Stay, should reach by - 4:00 pm.
- Can have Gongyang lunch at the backyard, if you reach before - 12:00 pm.
How To reach Jeondeungsa Temple by Public Transport
- Near bus stop – Jeondeungsa Temple Rare Gate bus stop.
- Take bus no. – 3100 from Sinchon station ((Seoul Subway Line 2 ), exit 4, and get off at Jeondeungsa Temple Rare Gate bus stop.
Restaurants Near Jeondeungsa Temple
- Mexican Chicken Gilsang
- Seohaen Hoejip
- Old Days Hand Jjajang
- Yakon Naengmyeonjip
- Chammu C&C Self barbeque
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Incheon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Incheon and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Jeondeungsa Temple
83.02% of people who visit Incheon include Jeondeungsa Temple in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
43.94% of people start their Jeondeungsa Temple visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Jeondeungsa Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jeondeungsa Temple
Jeondeungsa Temple Trips
6 Views13 Days 12 Nights13 Day Trip to Seoul, Busan, Incheon, Ulsan, Jeju-si from TaipeiBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Seoul, Busan, Incheon, Ulsan, Jeju-si
Jeondeungsa Temple, Incheon Reviews
This temple's head monk is very progressive and wants buddhism to feel accessible to everyone. I did the temple stay here and I highly reccomend it! A beautiful place
Very peaceful place. I visited this place when i was in Korea
정족산사고와 정족산성과 함께 최고의 사찰을 함께 감상할 수 있어 의미가 깊습니다. 동문주차장쪽은 식당들과 계단이, 남문주차장쪽은 경사로가 있어 상황에 맞게 선택하여 이용하시면 됩니다. 주차료 2,000원 입장료 3,000원이나 국외여행시의 같은 경비와 감안하면 월등히 낮은 가격이라 불만은 없습니다. 다만 최고사찰이라 하여 고즈넉한 이미지를 상상했었으나 템플스테이로도 상업적인 성공을 거두는 만큼 관광객이 많아 고찰 특유의 느낌은 적었습니다.
강화에 있는 오래된 사찰. 생각보다 절 규모가 굉장히 큽니다. 건물하나하나 마다 그려진 문양들이 다채로워서 구경하는 즐거움이 있네요. 고즈넉한 분위기로 조용히 돌아다니며 구경하면 좋을 거 같네요. 주차비는 2000원 받고 오르막길이 많으니 편한신발 신고가세요.
그리 높지않은 정족산의 자연풍광과 어울리는 전등사의 대웅(보)전은 단아하고 의젓한 조선여인의 매무새를 연상하게 만듭니다. 대웅전의 건축기술자인 도편수가 변심하고 자신을 버린 연인을 마음에 품고 지은 건물이어서 그런지(조선 중기), 멀리서 바라볼 때 조선여인의 온아한 여성미가 물씬 풍기는 조선의 대표적 건축물의 하나라 생각합니다.