Jeondeungsa TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: 635 Onsu-ri, Gilsang-myeon, Ganghwa-gun, Incheon, South Korea
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +82-329370125
- Ticket Price: 3000 KRW
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Leisure, Family And Kids, Architecture
About Jeondeungsa Temple, Incheon
Originally this temple was known as Jinjongsa during Goryeo dynasty. It is located in Samrangseong fortress. It was build in order to protect the land from the foreign invaders. As you pass through the entrance gate of the temple, you are going to be in awe of the architectural artwork, done in the main building Daeungbojeon. Inside Daeungbojeon, the canopy above the Buddha statue displays magnificent craftsmanship. On the walls and the columns of this buildings has names of the soldiers written on it. These were those soldiers who worked against French Navy, to protect Jeondeungsa. According to the craftwork showcased around the temple, many people assume that the temple might be having the oldest history of Korea.
Inside the temple, temple stay programs are held in weekend. The program includes learning temple etiquette, performing zen meditation, interacting with a monk and doing chores together. Their program is somewhat scheduled in the following way:-
Life Experience-type Temple Stay –
- Day1 – Temple etiquette and Baru Gongyang (formal monastic meal), Yebul (Buddhist service), Chamseon (zen meditation).
- Day2 – Yebul, Chamseon, 108 prostrations, Wullyeok (working together, making joint efforts), Pohaeng (walking slowly in meditation), Dialogues with monks over a cup of tea.
Relaxation – type Temple Stay –
- Yebul, Baru Gongyang, Dialogues with monks over a cup of tea.
Jeondeungsa Temple Information
- 50 parking space available.
- Restrooms available.
- Restrooms and wheelchair ramp available for handicapped.
- Children (elementary school students ) must be accompanied by their guardians or parents.
- Participants of Temple stay program should bring toiletries ( like towel and toothbrush).
- Other toiletries like shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste are provided.
- Bring warm clothes and sneakers.
- Indecent clothes and slippers are strictly prohibited.
- Uniforms are provided.
- Bring water bottle, umbrella and backpack.
- Large suitcase are prohibited.
- Programs can be changed to Relaxation-type Temple Stay if there are 5 or less participants.
- No refund for cancellations on the day of program.
- Online pre-payment is preferred for Temple stay program. Otherwise, carry cash for on-spot payment.
- No credit card facility is available.
- There are no ATM.
- If any participants want to have a response program during weekend, they can share room with other participants in a large room.
Jeondeungsa Temple Ticket Prices
Admission fee –
- Adult - 3000 won
- Youth (middle and high school) – 2000 won (individuals), 1500 won (group)
- Children (elementary school) - 1000 won (individuals), 800 won (group)
- Adults (ages 19 and older ) – 2500 won(group)
For Life Experience-type Temple Stay –
- Adults – 60,000 won; Students (elementary/ middle/ High school) – 40,000won
For Relaxation-type Temple stay (2days, 1 night)
- Adult – 40,000won (additional 1 night) ; Adults – 30,000 won; Students (elementary/ middle/ High school) – 20,000 won
In Temple Stay Program, private rooms like Weol Song Yo – Ae-eo (for 1-3 person can stay); -I-haeng (for 1-3 person can stay); Dong-sa (1-5 person can stay); Bang-pyeon (1-5 person can stay)
- Adult – 70,000 won & 40,000 won (in case of additional night) ; student - 50,000 won & 40,000won (in case of additional night)
Private rooms – Kang Seol Dang – Beop-hwa (for 1- 3 persons) , Kum-gang (1-3 persons) –
- Adults – 60,000 won & 30,000 won (for additional night) ; Student – 40,000 won & 20,000 won (for additional night)
Stay price for large room – Weol Song Yo , Dae-bang (1-14 persons) –
- Adults - 50,000 won & 30,000 won (for additional night) ; student – 30,000 won & 20,000 won (for additional night)
Accommodation for additional participants in Weol Song Yo, costs –
- Adult – 70,000 won , students – 50,000 won
Accommodation for additional participants in Kang Seol Dang, costs –
- Adult – 60,000 won, students – 40,000 won
Accommodation for additional participants in Weol Song Yo (large rooms) costs –
- Adult – 50,000 won, student – 30,000 won
Parking fees –
- Small cars – 2000 won; Large –sized cars – 4000 won
Jeondeungsa Temple Opening and Closing Hours
- Confirmed participants for Temple Stay program should arrive at the temple at 1:00 pm.
- Participants for the Relaxation- type Temple Stay, should reach by - 4:00 pm.
- Can have Gongyang lunch at the backyard, if you reach before - 12:00 pm.
How To reach Jeondeungsa Temple by Public Transport
- Near bus stop – Jeondeungsa Temple Rare Gate bus stop.
- Take bus no. – 3100 from Sinchon station ((Seoul Subway Line 2 ), exit 4, and get off at Jeondeungsa Temple Rare Gate bus stop.
Restaurants Near Jeondeungsa Temple
- Mexican Chicken Gilsang
- Seohaen Hoejip
- Old Days Hand Jjajang
- Yakon Naengmyeonjip
- Chammu C&C Self barbeque
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Incheon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Incheon and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Jeondeungsa Temple
95% of people who visit Incheon include Jeondeungsa Temple in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
32.16% of people start their Jeondeungsa Temple visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Jeondeungsa Temple
82% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jeondeungsa Temple
Jeondeungsa Temple Map
Jeondeungsa Temple Trips
4 Views11 Days 10 Nights11 Day Trip to Jeju-si, Busan, Incheon, Seoul fromBy: Guest UserCity: Seoul, Busan, Incheon, Jeju-si
Jeondeungsa Temple, Incheon Reviews
This temple's head monk is very progressive and wants buddhism to feel accessible to everyone. I did the temple stay here and I highly reccomend it! A beautiful place
Very peaceful place. I visited this place when i was in Korea
고즈넉한 곳. 그러면서도 역사적 가치가 있는 곳. 성인 입장료는 3000원. 고지되지 않았지만 주차비 2000원. 절 안은 크지 않지만 다양한 보물을 볼 수 있음.
다 좋은데 이 빌어먹을 주차요금 받는 자식들 뵈기시러 죽겠다. 음식이나 기념품 구매할 정내미도 뚝 떨어진다. 아랫 부근에 주차요금내고 올라가니 위에 주차장이 덩그라니 또 있네. 굳이 안걸어올라가도 되는걸 주차요금 받는거에 눈이 벌개져서...
강화도 놀러가면 맛있는것 먹구 소화시킬겸 산책하기 좋은곳.. 공기도 좋구 장독대도 정겹더라..
All QuestionsJeondeungsa temple
- Buena Vista Adventure
- Clark Nautical Mile Marine
- Personal Preference
- Ozona Shores Marine Center
- Harvest Time Church
- Crosswaver Christian Ministry
- Shawnee Amish Church
- Immanuel West Point
- Piney Creek Woodcrafts
- JCPenney Portraits
- First Southern Bapt Chr-Prsng
- Wellsville Stake Center
- Design Depot
- Raffety Fishbait
- Bay Wind Mobile Home Park