It is a small island in South Korea, located south of Yeongjong Island. The island is quite visible from Incheon International Airport. This island is easily accessible by ferry. It is a nice and calm place to spend time with your family or soulmate. The island has some of the best beaches of Korean. The most popular one is Hanagae Beach. The large sandy beach let you lie down for some time and enjoy your own time without being bothered by any onlookers. If you wish, you can also plan for a night stay as many rents, beach bungalows and tents are available on rent on this beach. Try out the seafood cuisines available in small food outlets located along the beach.
Muuido Island Travel Tips
Facilities available on Hanagae Beach
- Parking facilities, Accommodation, Convenient store, Beachside bungalow, Camping site.
- Swim tube / clam catching equipment rental, Restaurant.
- Entertainment facilities (horse riding, ATV, banana boat, Karaoke).
- Carrier rental, Restrooms.
- Restaurants shut down by 10:00 pm.
- No bars are there on the beach. People who wish to buy alcohol should check in the convenience stores and restaurants.
Entrance Ticket Details For Muuido Island
- To enter Somuui-do, entrance fee – 1,000 won.
- In Hanagae Beach – 2,000 won for trash disposal , 2,000 won (entrance fee for adults), 1000 won (entrance fee for child).
- Facility utilization fee – Adult – 3,000 won, children – 2,100 won.
- Admission fee for Hanagae amusement park – 1,000 won (ages 12 and younger) ; 2,000 won (13 and older).
- Tent rental on Hanagae Beach – 5,000 won / night, Shower on Hanagae Beach – 2,000 won.
- Bungalow on Hanagae Beach – 50,000 won (for 3-4 people), 100,000 won (for 10 peole).
- Ferry cruise fare (round trip) – free (for 6 or under 6 years); 1,400 won (7 to 12 years); 2,000 won (13 and above)
Muuido Island Hours
Timings for Ferry cruise
- On weekdays – 7:00 am to 7:00 pm (30 minutes interval on weekdays).
- On weekends – 7:00 am to 7:30 pm (15 minutes interval on weekends).
How to Reach Muuido Island
- Take bus 306 from Dong – Incheon station (seoul subway line1) for Eurwang- ri and get off at Geojampo. From there, you walk for 10 minutes to Jamjinnaru Ferry Terminal, Yeongjongdo Island. From there, take a ferry to Muuido Island.
- The nearby eateries for this island is quite far war. Many restaurants are there along the beach where you can have seafood. So, you can have food in any of the available food outlets.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Incheon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Incheon and book an accommodation of your choice.
24.52% of people who visit Incheon include Muuido Island in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
61.29% of people start their Muuido Island visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Muuido Island
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Muuido Island