Wolmido Island, Incheon
Wolmido Island - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: 252, Wolmi-ro, Jung-gu, Incheon, South Korea
Time Required: 11:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 1.8K times in trip plans
Island, Park, Observatory, Family And Kids
Try it for free, create itinerary online!
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Wolmido Island, Incheon
Though located 1km away from the coast of Incheon, Wolmido Island is still considered as part of the mainland. The shape of the island is said to be like the tail of a half moon. From this fact, the name of the island has come up. The island is also said to have convenient transportation with the mainland, making this place easily accessible for tourists who wish to spend a day trip in this island.
Within the island, you get to see attractions like the Culture Street, Wolmi theme park, Wolmi park (Mt. wolmisan), Wolmi Observatory and so on. So, you can conclude that Wolmido has everything to offer for everyone belonging to any age group.
Wolmido Island Information
- Free parking facilities are available.
- Time duration for Wolmi Moonlight Music Fountain for weekdays, weekends may vary. It may also vary by season.
- Wolmi Moonlight Music Fountain remains closed on Mondays.
- Restrooms are available.
- Designated restrooms for handicapped are available.
- Amusement facilities, convenient facility, hands-on programs.
- To see the annual festival on Wolmido’s Cultural street, April to May or October is considered as the best time to visit this place.
Wolmido Island Ticket Prices
- Ferry fare: Adults (over 19) – 15,000 won & children (ages 5 to elementary school students) – 8,000 won.
- Rides fare in Wolmi theme park: 4,500 – 6,000 won (Adults) and 3,500 – 5,000 won (children ages 2-12).
- Fare for 4D theater: 6,000 won (adults) and 5,000 won (children).
Wolmido Island Opening and Closing Hours
- Ferry cruise: (1hour 20 minutes), departure time – 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 4:00 pm, 6:00 pm & in summer, it continues till 7:30pm.
- Wolmi Theme park: 10:00 am to 9:00 pm, 10:00 am to 12:00 am (weekends & national holidays).
- Wolmi park (Mt. Wolmisan): 6:00 am to 6:00 pm (March to October) & 7:00 am to 5:00 pm (November to February).
- Wolmi Moonlight Music fountain: Operating period – April – October (7 months).
- Off –peak season: 1st April – 14th June, 16th September to 31st October.
- Peak season: 15th June – 15th September.
How To reach Wolmido Island by Public Transport
- Nearby station: Wolmido City Tour, Wolmi Cultural Street or Wolmi Final Bus Stops
- Take bus nos.: 2,15, 13 or 45 from Incheon Station (Seoul Subway Line1 )
Restaurants Near Wolmido Island
- Wolmido Hoetjip
- Hoereul Chatneun Saramdeul
- Namtaepyeongyang Hoetjip
- Mexican Walmido
- Gunsan Gwangju Hoejip
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Incheon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Incheon and book an accommodation of your choice.